Hacking Vsync issues after changing to component

Adventus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My backups have been having the vsync problems, apparently common with the Backup Loader 0.3 gamma. So, I went out and bought the component cables on the Wii hoping to fix it. Sadly, it didn't fix it. I tried putting my Wii on EDTV mode, but that causes even worse vsync issues for everything, rather than just the backup. Is there anything I can do here software-wise, or is it completely on the TV that I'm using? (Just a small 19" tube TV, with component hookups in the back)

EDIT: Sorry, I should probably throw in a few more details. It's a PAL-original backup that I used RegionFrii with, to NTSC. The "Force NTSC" load option just shows a green screen.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not all PAL games are capable of displaying in NTSC mode, the disc (ISO, image, whatever, game), has to have the NTSC option on the game itself in order to force NTSC. Some publishers put both versions on the game to save time and money from having to press different discs. You get the v-sync issues because the game is displaying in PAL mode and you get a green screen because there is no NTSC mode in the game. There's nothing you can do to fix it except get an NTSC version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.