Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there,
we have a Forum for like everything, every little console smartphone whatever but no VR ....

I guess sooner or later there will be more and more people owning VR devices so maybe it will be good to have a VR Forum sometime soon. Either a own Section VR which has PS VR, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Others or a VR Subforum as its not that big of a deal yet.

No idea of the prices worldwide but now that Oculus has a nice offer here in Germany (450€ for Rift + Controler + Games) I believe this will sell rather well ...

Last edited by Youkai,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"every little console smartphone"
There is an android and an IOS section? Also dingoo I guess is buried in there but that is more of a legacy thing.

"sell rather well"
I don't know. Looking at things I reckon it is going the way of 3d again, though there are probably enough patents and tech is advancing such that the next round which may actually succeed will be in 5 years and not 20 like it seems to be for 3d.

My personal one of is there enough volume or is it obvious is not settled. Right now at very best it is like those which enjoy using racing wheels and can be contained within the normal gaming sections.
Maybe a test to see if it can sustain a sticky thread.

ElConsolero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I want to pop up this question due to the fact that Oculus Quest is in fact a "mobile console".

Please, can we have an "Oculus Quest" area at GBATemp?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
As with every other suggestion for a XYZ new section, you have to ask "are the other sections being dominated by threads and questions in such a way that an entirely new section/subsection is necessary?"

And, as with every other suggestion, no, they aren't. I haven't seen any massive influx of VR related threads or questions spamming the other sections (and, to be frank, I haven't really seen many new VR threads in general), so it's not worth creating an entirely new section for.

Especially when VR isn't a "platform", it's generally an accessory to other platforms, in which case we already have sub sections for that (the Console, Accessories and Hardware sub sections available for most sections).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night