Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
homebrew.gif
VoxT3R's NDS Game Browser
DS ROM Organizer Program for your PC

GBAtemp member voxtech has released a DS Game Browser program for your computer.
With this program, you can view your DS ROM database. There are currently over 7,000 people who use this program!
You can view game boxart, icons, screenshots, ROM number, Online Review of the game, and more.

QUOTE said:
This program allows users to browse through an Up-to-date list of DS rom names and numbers
Users can create and edit their own lists of favourite games, check out game boxarts, ingame screenshots,
find DS game reviews online, and more!
Features ListA full, up-to-date Roms List, complete with names, numbers and rom sizes.
A helpful set of image displays showing game Boxarts, Game Icons and in-game screenshots.
A 'Region' filter set that lists roms by their region.
A 'Favourites' utility that allows you to add, remove, save and reload a list of your personal favourite NDS game titles.
A full search function to search for full or partial game names.
A 'Homebrew' utility that shows a list of homebrew applications, games and emulators with a brief description of each.
An 'Update' button that will retrieve up-to-date Rom data, boxarts, screenshots and icons for you automatically!
download.gif
 Download .EXE File from Project Homepage
download.gif
 Download Windows Installer from Project Homepage
icon11.gif
 Project Homepage

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ItsMetaKnight said:
It doesn't look good at all.
frown.gif

Looks can be decieving...ya never know until you try it out
wink.gif

Download it and try it out...it's only like 10 megabytes.

It's actually pretty decent, if you ask me.

I've got no need for it, really, but for those ROM collectors and whatnot - I'm sure they'll use it and enjoy it.

voxtech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Triforce said:
Old... this has been around for ages, it used to leech bandwidth (boxart, icons, screens) from my site until we found out about it
lecture.gif
laugh.gif
No it didn't... You ASSUMED it did! I used your images as a TEST only, and I did ask. I now host my images myself, just to keep those whom dont want to share happy!
unsure.gif

mattlouf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do you get "all boxarts at once" ?

BTW, if you need, you can use gbarts.free.fr to get what ever is there... I did this site to SHARE...
wink.gif

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i tryed it but didnt like it i prefer offlinelist with advanscenes dat for my pc or sunol for the nds there just more details with them (save size, crc, source, publisher)

voxtech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mattlouf said:
How do you get "all boxarts at once" ?

BTW, if you need, you can use gbarts.free.fr to get what ever is there... I did this site to SHARE...
wink.gif

Thanks mattlouf bro... I appreciate the help, and the images there are just awesome!!! I had to disable the get all boxarts function due to bandwith reasons.
bow.gif

roboz said:
Wonder if this could be better than Rominator, especially with all the bugs in the latest version.
QUOTE(methodone @ Apr 28 2008, 09:15 PM)
Does this tool also rename roms? I'm looking for an easy to use app which can rename my nds roms
Well roboz & methodone... Rominator, so I believe, deals with actual roms - my app is more of a game and game number reference, or should I say its a kind of NDS games catalogue. Like gbatemp, I do not involve any actual roms or any links to them. The program has no real need to rename roms.

cool.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

anark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VoxT3R,

It is a great program! Exactly what I was looking for, just 3-4 days ago. I tried Offline list but I could not figure out how to get the covers and I had to search for the DAT files (Not anything hard but is an extra step). I was actually thinking of building my own program. Your program has exactly what I want:

Up to date releases with covers
Filter different regions (eg Only US games)
Search
Simple interface

Suggestion for the future is to add more info for the games, such as release group, size and pleeease if possible genre/type so I can search for example for RPG or sports games.

Thanks again!

Dunny

Trophies
XP
Country
Suggestion:

Remove the "By Voxter" graphic, and re-arrange the icon and game number (does it have to be that big?) so that we can have a larger game list on the left-hand side.

D.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While it appears to be a fairly good program in its own regard, I have to say that Rominator just seems better.

Hopefully the long-awaited next version of Rominator will have a catalogue mode.

halljames

Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
Well I like it a lot. The problem I have always had with Rominator is stability and the lack of screenshots which to me is the most important. I want to see what the game looks like before I try it. Not bothered about boxart. Never liked offline list either.

This is very cool. How often does the games list get updated.

Exort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dunny said:
Suggestion:

Remove the "By Voxter" graphic, and re-arrange the icon and game number (does it have to be that big?) so that we can have a larger game list on the left-hand side.

D.

I agree. I can't say anything about the apps features because I havn't tired it, but from what I see from that screenshot the whole layout could be arranged

-Rom number should be at top, not bottom and a lot smaller;
-Same for Icon;
-Add item to favorite could also go on top of rom informations;
-If the remove icon/boxart/screen options if not per game and is a global setting, it should be on a config section and not directly in main window below the actual informations. If it is per game checkbox would do the trick, being smaller and, IMHO, is better graphically;
-The "by voxter" pic could be a in an about screen and definitively not where it is now;
-The logo could be on the other side and slightly smaller,so that you can fit the flags/countries just below it by fitting it in 4 columns instead of 2;
-Update should be somewhere else (automatic maybe? or in menu)
-Difference between update and refresh? (sry for that one, can't try the app right now)
-No use for a Quit button. Just use the good old "X" or menus;

If you do all that, you now have more space for rom list AND rom information. You can then reorganise the next/previous buttons and have space for more informations such as release group, genre (this would be very useful!) and such.

I'm just giving you these as suggestions because of that comment about it being "ugly". It's a useful program and has potential, so I'm just trying to help you and I'm in no way Telling you directly what to do, I'm just pointing things out. Take it or leave it
tongue.gif

Keep up the work !

QUOTEThis is very cool. How often does the games list get updated.

I'm wondering too. Is it linked with an already existing DataBase or do you add games to a database by yourself?

voxtech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I upate it myself.... and as often as I can!
smile.gif

Exort: Sounds good, please could you draw up a layout, and EMAIL it to me. That would be cool... I will consider remapping its layout.

Thanks chaps.
cool.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte