Gaming VOTE your most wanted feature on the 3DS?

please vote, Let us see what is most enticing

• 3D Games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3D Movies

• 3D Movie Trailers

• 3D Camera

• 3D Game Demos and Teasers

• Sky 3D

• Eurosport 3D

• Wallis and Grommit 3D

• 3D Video Recorder

• 3D Mii's

• 4 coloured streetpass Corner LED

• Real Online Streetpass and Spotpass (Ninty's first)

• Circle Pad

• The fact it still has the now slightly redundant Start and Select buttons

• It Prints Money

• Ported Wii, Gamecube, Dreamcast and PS2 games

• Virtual handheld console

• Blue, Dark Blue, Darker Blue stylish

• Grey, black, black..black? stylish

• Da Grafixz is da shizzz man

• Motion sensors

• Total voters

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
please choose the ones that you like the most, I am hoping we can buy 3D movies or rent them. Movie trailers would be lame if that is all we get... and did you hear... the LED in the corner can turn green for streetpass, blue for spotpass, red for low battery, and orange for FRIENDS ONLINE!
4 colours! its the future.

edit... ADDED MOTION SENSORS (includes all; touch screen, cameras, circle pad, accelerometers and gyros)

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
actually none of these options interest me by themselves and even together there mostly gimicks. What I want is better 3rd party support now that there is no excuse to make fully immersive games with graphics on par with the gamecube. and to this end interesting and creative uses for the different technologies the 3DS bring to the table, like 3D, gyroscope/motion sensor, spot pass, etc.

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
DigitalDeviant said:
actually none of these options interest me by themselves and even together there mostly gimicks. What I want is better 3rd party support now that there is no excuse to make fully immersive games with graphics on par with the gamecube. and to this end interesting and creative uses for the different technologies the 3DS bring to the table, like 3D, gyroscope/motion sensor, spot pass, etc.

added motion sensors, thanks.

I think we will start to see brand new IP's towards summer and christmas making the most of the 3DS for the first time, but bear in mind EVERYTHING we are seeing is first gen graphics for this console compared to 5th gen graphics for wii and PS3, and to that end we are only seeing first gen use of all this amazing tech. Games a year from now will be utterly amazing. I do agree that without great 3rd party support from game makers, movie makers, tv makers, 3D photo printing companys, etc this console will not survive.
unsure.gif

rolleyes.gif
I have a feeling that this handheld will be nothing but wonderous.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lostdwarf said:
DigitalDeviant said:

I think we will start to see brand new IP's towards summer and christmas making the most of the 3DS for the first time, but bear in mind EVERYTHING we are seeing is first gen graphics for this console compared to 5th gen graphics for wii and PS3, and to that end we are only seeing first gen use of all this amazing tech. Games a year from now will be utterly amazing. I do agree that without great 3rd party support from game makers, movie makers, tv makers, 3D photo printing companys, etc this console will not survive.
unsure.gif

rolleyes.gif

I'm sure it'll survive, but like the DS I don't want it to be drowned in shovelware. I want it to thrive, if nintendo can't retain 3rd party support, it'll continue to solidify my idea that Nintendo just doesn't have what it takes to keep great 3rd party support for long: e.g. Gamecube and Wii anyone?

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
lostdwarf said:
DigitalDeviant said:

unsure.gif

rolleyes.gif

I'm sure it'll survive, but like the DS I don't want it to be drowned in shovelware. I want it to thrive, if nintendo can't retain 3rd party support, it'll continue to solidify my idea that Nintendo just doesn't have what it takes to keep great 3rd party support for long: e.g. Gamecube and Wii anyone?

Mind you that when the WII and DS were released Nintendo said that they wanted it to appeal to more then just Hardcore gamers, so seeing as how the 3DS was made to be for Hardcores again so it would be logical that we dont have much shovel ware

On-topic:
Im sure that we will be seeing some Great things coming out with 3DS support (Remeber when iTouch 2nd gen came out
closedeyes.gif
) But this wont be seen for awhile thats for sure

D

Deleted_171835

3D without glasses.
It's so enticing. Plus, I'm a Nintendo fanboy. I would purchase the 3DS even if it was priced at $350.

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, ported ps2 games would be cool. and maybe motion sensors.
rest is irrelevant to me. all those online features, streetpass etc
3d without glasses is indeed better than with glasses but I still think 3d is pointless.

D

Deleted_171835

haddad said:
Would be kool if it had

> Flash Support
> Better quality camera
> Video support
> Flash Support - It might. Nobody has tried the web browser out yet.
> Better quality camera - No need for a better camera. You couldn't tell that the quality is bad on a screen that small.
> Video support - Satoru Iwata did hint at video recording in an interview.1[/p]

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
"Wallis and Grommit 3D" = Shaun the sheep
"3D Mii's" = I thought the mii's would stay 2d. 3d ones would look p. cool.
"The fact it still has the now slightly redundant Start and Select buttons" = Slightly? Now? Select has been redundant with 13 or more years.

SoulSnatcher said:
3D without glasses.
It's so enticing. Plus, I'm a Nintendo fanboy. I would purchase the 3DS even if it was priced at $350.
Want to buy me one here in EU and I'll buy you one there in Canada?

Odnetnin46

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might want to add that there is MP3/AAC support for the 3DS VIA the sound app.
QUOTE(Amazon's 3DS Product Description) said:
With Nintendo 3DS Sound, users can enjoy sound-manipulation tools or rock out while listening to their MP3 or AAC music files.
Link:Here
Also,some of the choices on that poll are spelt wrong,and some should be merged with 3D movies.

On-Topic:I like the idea of 3D movies and such,although I'm curious as to how good the quality will be.If the games are as smooth as they are,I'll say that they'll render well.
yay.gif

The VC sounds great too(Is that 3D?),along with 3DSWare.I'm hoping that we'll get some Wiiware quality stuff on there like World of Goo(Port,anyone?).
Also,if Nintendo added movie support,then it must have the power to render Flash movies(eg.Youtube),but I doubt that full fledged Flash will come anytime soon(For games and such)as we don't have arrow keys(Well,D-Pad might work)or an easy to use keyboard.
wink2.gif

Traversal

Soooo cool!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haddad said:
Would be kool if it had

> Flash Support

I'm willing to bet the 3DS's browser is based off the Wii's, so I'm guessing it should have some sort of flash support.

Anyways, I'm just looking forward to the great games that will be on the system. After that, I'm also really looking forward to the 3D, even if it is just some gimmick, I could imagine all the things that could be possible with 3D.

codmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First is the camerat 300-500 $ right now
The 3DS is 250$ and it has a 3D camera
sure,its not HD,propaly about 2 mega pixles

Second is games like OoT in 3D
and Mario kart etc...

and Finally is the Virtual Console
I am not sure but i think the Virtual Console only have Handheld VC

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
New games concept
3D Video Recorder
Augmented Reality for everyday duty (not only for playing stupid shooting card games, but more like virtual reallity/GPS/Compass with usefull informations over real world touristic place or museum (Paris, tokyo, etc.))
Native Homebrew support

I guess only 1/4 will be granted
frown.gif

I'll buy it when it will have interesting games.

codmaster said:
sure,its not HD,propaly about 2 mega pixles
well, It's more like 0.3 mega pixel.
640*480 is max resolution.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
KingVamp said:
Why wouldn't it? Nintendogs and cats does.
That's only half of what I mean. The 3DS has a "sweet spot" where the 3D effect works, and it breaks down when you move your head out of that area (dead center and at a certain distance from the screen). And head tracking would mean you could move your head around, and the console would adjust the contents on the screen accordingly (for example, to let you look behind objects by actually moving your head and looking behind objects). Unfortunately, you can't have 3D and headtracking at the same time (move your head and 3D breaks down), and I'm not sure devs would be willing to dump the most obvious feature of the console in favour of something else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM