Vote on Gamefaqs for Golden Sun! (or FF X)

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Fel, Dec 11, 2010.

Dec 11, 2010
  1. Fel
    OP

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    Select your choice and click, show your love of GS! (or FF X). GS is currently losing, can we turn the tide? [​IMG]

2. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Never played either, but I strongly dislike the FF series, so I voted Golden Sun.

3. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    *offers bro fist*

FF is over-rated. But there's no chance we can change it. It's GAMEFAQS! Only 4Chan can do something like that. Remember the Bub and Bob incident on the 'Character of the Year' poll on GameSpot?

4. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Final Fantasy X get's my vote. I spent so much time on the game. Golden Sun is forgettable for me.

5. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    FFX is the worst game of the series in my opinion (excluding 11 and 13 which i've never played). A vote for Golden Sun is only logical...

6. Fel
    OP

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    Nope, what was it about? Did somebody incite them to vote for Bub and Bob and turn the tide (of which I've never heard before)?

7. Phoenix Goddess

Member Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

United States
    You couldn't be more right. Don't worry, 11 and 13 are just as bad, or at least in my opinion(Nothing kills a game like a forced storyline and a high price).
    Golden Sun got my vote. I can't seem to grasp how FFX is winning.

8. ShadowSoldier

Canada
    Probably because it was... at the time, the greatest thing on the PS2. To see what the PS2 could do at that time and what not. If it didn't have the bad voice acting, it would have been A LOT better.

9. Phoenix Goddess

United States
    I don't think it was the greatest thing on the PS2 at the time. There were plenty of other games better than that the moment it came out. I also don't think the voice acting was the only thing that butchered that game, but to each their own [​IMG]

Fat chance, but I hope Golden Sun beats out FFX.

10. xist

United Kingdom
    In your opinion....if FFX was the greatest thing on the PS2 at the time then the console would never have the legacy it does have. That game has so few redeeming qualities...

11. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    these are my choices for game of the decade?.... PASS.

12. Infinite Zero

Member Infinite Zero Almost!

United States
    Voted for FF X.
    It's just my own preference [​IMG]

Edit: Oh shi----
    I saw KOTOR, holy **** that's what I'm going to vote for next.

13. naglaro00

Member naglaro00 Mildly disturbed

Philippines
    Voted for FFX even though it's the second FF that I hate (first is VII)
    Why?
    I love FF [​IMG]

edit: 999th POST [​IMG]

14. ShadowSoldier

Canada
    It's funny, what you guys are saying about FFX, I feel the same way about Golden Sun o.0. And I'm not even trolling.

I just find that the series has waaay too much talking, and the puzzles in it aren't that great...

I'd love to see FFIX against FFX for the finals. That'd be a hard one for me to decide on.

15. xist

United Kingdom
    I can't even believe you mentioned puzzles....the puzzles in those shrines in FFX were soooooo mind numbingly tedious....

FFIX is the worst of the PSX games in my opinion, but at least it's far more enjoyable than FFX! [​IMG]

16. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Ridiculous poll, just skipped it actually.

17. ShadowSoldier

Canada
    Now I can't take you seriously. It was 100x better than Final Fantasy VII because it wasn't so down and boring and whatnot. And it was better than Final Fantasy VIII in that the story wasn't as fucked up and the script wasn't as long.

It was basically old style Final Fantasy, but with newer graphics.

And I don't care much for the puzzles in FFX. I don't know what it is, but I really enjoyed FFX.

18. Phoenix Goddess

United States
    Again, this is a case of "to each their own". FFX bored me so much I took it out of my PS2, put it in the case, jumped in the car and took it to Gamestop. My little brother got it for me again for April Fool's Day and I scratched it up with a nail. That's how bad that game was to me.

But hey, we can't really force our opinions down each other's throats, we all have different opinions. Some enjoy Golden Sun and some enjoy FFX, it happens.

19. ShadowSoldier

Canada
    WE CAN SO! CAN SO!

20. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I actually rather enjoy FFX. I know i'll be getting a lot of general irritation from people here (maybe), but i just went in with an open mind and found a pretty cool experience. I respect everyone else though, if you don't like it. But i personally found it somewhat better than 7 or 8. That being said, can't touch 6, my favorite in the series, nor some of the older ones such as 4 and 5.

HOWEVER, I enjoy Golden Sun more than FFX (probably obvious how much i love Golden Sun). The story is basic, but i found the fun of the GS series is the puzzle element. The gameplay is what appealed to me, clever design behind level construction. I found all the dungeons and puzzles in all the games to be the best constructed ones i've ever seen in a game. I've played Lufia 2 and numerous other puzzle oriented RPG's as well, so i have experience in dungeon puzzles. That's really what drove me to love Golden Sun. I also like the combat with the djinn system and extremely robust character class system. Gave any of the job systems in the FF series a decent run for their money IMO. It is a bit easy though in terms of combat. You can find all kinds of tricks to make the combat a cakewalk.

You won't be able to change those Gamefaqs polls, they're all sorts of messed up. Rallying won't do you any good. There are a ton of people with multiple accounts who vote many times in order to increase the votes for their favored game. Their voting system is rendered invalid due to that fact. There are even more people who vote just because they don't want another game to win for some reason, even though they may not have played both games. The site itself is retarded. Good for finding out strategies in games, bad for intelligent discussion and fairness.