Vote For The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker As Best Video Game Of The Decade

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't we have like 8 more years till this decade ends? Or is it on Spike time lap?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't decide between Batman Arkham City or Mass Effect 2. I really loved the story in Mass Effect 2 and how epic it felt... but Arkham City was total fan service.

I'd vote for Half Life 2, but I'll be honest, the fact that the story isn't done at all, it doesn't deserve my vote, and Portal 2 outweighs Portal 1 in every way imaginable. Wait, why the fuck is Wii Sports on there? I'd say scrap that and put Assassin's Creed 2 or Skyward Sword up there.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
256px-Half-Life_2_cover.jpg

lolwindwaker

Reactions: Minox and Foxi4
D

Deleted_171835

Actually that entire list is complete horseshit. No Portal 2 is a joke and anything other than Half Life 2 doesn't deserve a spot. Unless it's Portal 2.
Half Life 2 is overrated. HL2: Episode 2 >>>>>>>> HL2.

And even then, definitely not game of the generation. Maybe best FPS of this generation, maybe.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's a pretty awful list.
I mean, I loved HL2 and Portal...but game of the decade? Hardly. As Guildy pointed out, should be Portal 2 instead. Though I still wouldn't vote that GOTD, but it'd sure blow the other titles off the list.

My vote went to Wii sports.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's better Super Mario Galaxy by more than a half life.

Super Mario Galaxy was actually original though. Half Life 2... well, was just another FPS. But the only thing it had going for it was the gravity gun and a story that sets it apart from other FPS titles. As much as I love HL2, it fails in comparison to the originality of Galaxy in pretty much every way.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wind waker was the 4th game I've ever played. It was a pretty good, interesting, adventurous game.
Although the list was pretty stupid.
It gives random selections and that are stupid.
Wii Sports - LOL.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Galaxy was actually original though. Half Life 2... well, was just another FPS. But the only thing it had going for it was the gravity gun and a story that sets it apart from other FPS titles. As much as I love HL2, it fails in comparison to the originality of Galaxy in pretty much every way.

You forget that the story, environment, and actual gameplay were by far some of the best and most pioneering in video game history.

Is the mantle of "FPS" so looked down upon for no real reason that people deny a true title greatness because of it? Even if that title slapped you upside the face with it's greatness in the manner of a large fish?

Reactions: Punyman

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You forget that the story, environment, and actual gameplay were by far some of the best and most pioneering in video game history.

Is the mantle of "FPS" so looked down upon for no real reason that people deny a true title greatness because of it? Even if that title slapped you upside the face with it's greatness in the manner of a large fish?

It was a FPS. I mean people walk into a room and see a guy just shooting something with a gun, and think "huh, must be a new shooting game".

Same people walk into a room sees a guy playing galaxy and thinks "huh, another stupid Mario ga..."
*player jumps off side of planet and loops back around and lands on an enemy head and loops back around again*
"HOLY SHIT THAT LOOKS FUN!"

D

Deleted_171835

It's better Super Mario Galaxy by more than a half life.
Super Mario Galaxy is absolutely fucking pants-shittingly awesome. It had stellar platforming, great orchestrated music, stunning visuals. All those aspects combined made for one really really really good game.

Half Life 2 was good but ultimately pretty repetitive and had a number of flaws. It's a good game but most definitely not game of the decade.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a FPS. I mean people walk into a room and see a guy just shooting something with a gun, and think "huh, must be a new shooting game".

Same people walk into a room sees a guy playing galaxy and thinks "huh, another stupid Mario ga..."
*player jumps off side of planet and loops back around and lands on an enemy head and loops back around again*
"HOLY SHIT THAT LOOKS FUN!"

A fun game doesn't always equal a great game.

God of War is fun but it isn't great. Half Life 2 is like art. It's supposed to be gripping, interesting.

Also simplifying HL2 as "just shooting something with a gun" is the equivalent of saying SMG is nothing but jumping on platforms.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A fun game doesn't always equal a great game.

God of War is fun but it isn't great. Half Life 2 is like art. It's supposed to be gripping, interesting.

Also simplifying HL2 as "just shooting something with a gun" is the equivalent of saying SMG is nothing but jumping on platforms.

Except Mario Galaxy was is STILL a great game. Also there was an added element into SMG to make it different from other platformers, and that's gravity. I love HL2, I desperately want them to make HL3 and release it already, but I'd gladly take Mario Galaxy and it's complete originality over HL2 any day of the week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.