sckelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Everyone,

Please forgive me if this has been asked a million times. I am fairly new to the site, I think I joined about a month ago.

I've used both BatchDPG as well as the encoder in DPGtools to convert avi video to dpg so I can watch on my ds lite.

My main activity while watching videos on my ds is doing cardio workouts at the gym. I find that I cannot hear the audio very well, even when bumping the audio up to 400% in moonshell.

Is there any way that I can boost the volume during the audio conversion? I see the option in the encoder that comes with DPGtools but it will not let me move the slider past 100%.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Again, I am sorry if this has been covered a million times. I tried to search the forums but couldn't find an answer. If this has been previously discussed, please post a link to the thread.

Thanks to all who contribute to this site and make it a very valuable resource for people like me
smile.gif

- Sean

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
In BatchDPG tick the option "Normalize", that should give you a decent volume boost, as for DPG Tools sorry but i don't use them.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a better pair of headphones too. That was the problem with volume on mine. Crappy $10 ones will probably be quieter than a good $20-$30 pair

sckelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kelly - Another great suggestion. Im using decent headphones, but they are not the noise canceling kind that are out now.

I'll look into this solution as well.

Thanks!

- Sean

sckelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The results are in:

My solution was a combo of both solutions.

I re-encoded a few episodes of entourage with the 'normalize' setting checked off. This made a considerable effect on the volume, without making much difference to the filesize.

I then swapped my panasonic headphones for a set of earbuds that came with my HP laptop, which I think are noise canceling. Anyways, I can't even have the volume up to 100% anymore. Its too loud!

Thanks again folks.

- Sean

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative