Volume for NDS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by h4ck3r, Sep 19, 2007.

Sep 19, 2007

Volume for NDS by h4ck3r at 12:16 PM (1,181 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. h4ck3r
    OP

Newcomer h4ck3r Member

United States
    May sound stupid to ask this, but i was wondering if there's a emulator/software/utility etc that can increase the maximum volume for NDS.

As many may have known, even at the maximum volume its still quite soft.

Please don't tell me to get a headphone/earphone etc. Just wondering if such software exists now.

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Not that I know of. There's a reason it's maximum >_> Some games have music louder than others.

3. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Well......Moonshell will boost the volume of vids and MP3's to 400% (can cause distortion though), but as far as games........no. I'm afraid you get what you get on the games.

I'm sure you've noticed that some games are, for whatever reason, louder than others.....maybe the game you're into just isn't one of the louder ones. Note how loud some games like Sonic Adventure and Meteos are, for example.

Beyond using headphones or something like PC speakers, I think the only way to have it be louder on the go would be to get something like this:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4210

I know that's not really what you had in mind, but it's about the only recourse if you must have the sound be louder without using headphones.

4. h4ck3r
    OP

Newcomer h4ck3r Member

United States
  5. CannonBallZ

Member CannonBallZ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Any good earphones will do, doesn't have to have 'nintendo' on it

6. h4ck3r
    OP

Newcomer h4ck3r Member

United States
    but somehow it looks more original.. hehe thanks

7. NemesisHunter

Member NemesisHunter GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Just get a set of white earbuds / black earbuds / pink earbuds / "x colour" earbuds to complement whatever your DSLite is coloured with.

I for myself use in-ear buds to get into the game, even in the back of the bus or on the subway line. This allows me to play music games / games requiring sound to be fully enjoyed without having all the environmental noise encircling me as well as preventing my ears from getting severe damage.

I personally would go for JVC Marshmallows for cheap (but GLORIOUS SOUND) for the price you get. They are in-ear buds, they sit just a bit inside your ear canal, but not as deep as in-ear monitors like the Sennheiser E series. They can be acquired at most retail electronics store (FutureShop, BestBuy, etc.).

If you want to spend a bit more, get the EP630s, they are not much more expensive (5-10$ more, sometimes even cheaper than the Marshmallows). In Canadian $, a good deal is 25$, 30$ is still good.

These two models are excellent for entry-level audio enthusiasts, and are terrific choices at replacing the horrible signature-trait white earbuds you get when purchasing an iPod. They are the best of their class before you end up shelling out 100$+ for high-end audiophile headphones and earbuds.

Here are the JVC Marshmallows, called HAFX33 :
    http://www.headphonesrock.com/JVC-Marshmallows.html

Comments on an audio forum regarding the product :
    http://www.overclock.net/sound-cards-compu...35-earbuds.html

And the EP-630s by Creative :
    review : http://www.trustedreviews.com/mp3/review/2...0-Headphones/p1

8. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    I am personally Anti-Audiophile and seeing that every set of earphones I ever had broke after less than a month, I decided only to use cheap €1 ones.

9. scandal_uk

Member scandal_uk GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The DS-Heavy has much louder sound than the DS Lite, the difference is quite huge when you compare them next to each other. Maybe it's not intentional but just a side-effect of cheapifying the DS into the Lite version.

10. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    I recommend the Sennheiser CX-300s. They offer fantastic sound compared to others in the same price range (lol JVC), and an emphasis on bass, which definitely helps when you're trying to follow the rhythm in EBA/Ouendan.

11. flai

Member flai Androgynous Apparently :)

United Kingdom
    Yup, the CX300's are the best set of in-ears I've used yet. For anything, not just EBA.

12. TeenDev

Member TeenDev GBAtemp's Original Hipster

United States
    I would go with some earbuds that have noise-cancelation

13. NemesisHunter

Member NemesisHunter GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Probably, they lowered the maximum volume in order for the newer hardware to maintain a decent 4-5 hour quota of playtime on the battery life when using max brightness and volume.