Hacking Volume Control DSI...

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is anyone here kinda pissed/annoyed of the volume control button? I mean whenever I press the volume button (either way) its a huge gap in between unlike the ds lite and ds phat. Thats the only thing thats been bothering me about the dsi, you cant actually control the volume, instead you go by stages of volume. Anyone here have a good opinion that Nintendo is going to fix it by doing a firmware update?
moogle.gif

Pavichokche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is true, it is VERY annoying how little control you have over the volume, even though the volume buttons allow for backlight control anywhere. I suppose that this problem could be fixed, but I don't know how how much Nintendo can change with firmware updates. I am not sure how much has been changed with these first few updates and I'm guessing nothing. Also from past experience it seems that Nintendo is pretty reluctant to imply cool updates to their systems.

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WOW, how long has it been? First time people started to post right away O.O for me that is. Pavichokche, I havent notice but when I got it, you had to get a new firmware upgrade right? I did but didn't notice anythin that changed. Anyone know what the update even do?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope they release an update that makes the volume difference less per +/- on the volume rocker. It should be able to be fixed by software updates...

foofoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i agree, it should be at least twice sensitive. i like to play at very low volume abd it's impossible with that shitty control

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got an idea of what Team Cyclops can do with their Enhanced Menu if they release a CycloDSi.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but the original DS and the lite Volume slider was also annoying because up until half way, there is no sound and then its just on. So basically you have too turn the slider to the middle for there to actually be sound at all. They should have made it more sensitive on the last two and for the DSi, maybe they could of done it like the DS lites power switch. Make a spring loaded slider. The more your hold it, the more volume it goes. and if you flick it quickly. The backlight would go up one. Not sure how to turn anything down tho

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
CheatingSoi said:
Yeah but the original DS and the lite Volume slider was also annoying because up until half way, there is no sound and then its just on. So basically you have too turn the slider to the middle for there to actually be sound at all.

I have never experienced this.

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
CheatingSoi said:
Yeah but the original DS and the lite Volume slider was also annoying because up until half way, there is no sound and then its just on. So basically you have too turn the slider to the middle for there to actually be sound at all. They should have made it more sensitive on the last two and for the DSi, maybe they could of done it like the DS lites power switch. Make a spring loaded slider. The more your hold it, the more volume it goes. and if you flick it quickly. The backlight would go up one. Not sure how to turn anything down tho
Ya but for me, I say the slider is better than gaps cause my brother aways use the DSI and its annoying cause he either turns up the volume really high or lowers it and complains cause he likes to play with loud sounds...

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Or an alternate would've been the Game Boy Micro's volume control, which isn't a slider and is more like two switches to bring the volume up or down, respectively. And holding down L while pressing on that would adjust the backlight's power up or down as well. Since I had one, I know that it could be pretty quiet and the loudest volume would be just right.

But it's a bit too late for that now isn't it v_v Now I always play with earphones.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
To all those complaining about volume buttons - it is not the only way to control your volume.

go into your DSi sound channel,
choose play with your music,
choose a song,
play the song and look at the screen!
their is a volume slider on the bottom left of the screen!

FULL VOLUME CONTROL - NO STEP GAPS - FULL CONTROL

this will not work in DS games obviously but with your music you have full control and nothing less.

will you lot ever play with your DSi to find these things out for yourselfs? noobs

On another note if you close the DSi while playing music it will turn itself off (Bahhh!) but plug in your headphones and then close it and it will carry on playing music and you can add drums with shoulder buttons still.

...and another thing... if you record a sound and save it, put your DSi down for a minute leaving it on the recording selection screen and it will magically play your recording as the Mario Bros soundtrack! absolutly amazing!

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
lostdwarf said:
To all those complaining about volume buttons - it is not the only way to control your volume.

choose a song,

this will not work in DS games obviously but with your music you have full control and nothing less.

will you lot ever play with your DSi to find these things out for yourselfs? noobs

On another note if you close the DSi while playing music it will turn itself off (Bahhh!) but plug in your headphones and then close it and it will carry on playing music and you can add drums with shoulder buttons still.

...and another thing... if you record a sound and save it, put your DSi down for a minute leaving it on the recording selection screen and it will magically play your recording as the Mario Bros soundtrack! absolutly amazing!
Who the f*** are you calling a noob? Us, hmmm, I'm talking about when your playing a game and who the heck is going to listen to music in the DSI? I mean some people might sometimes but seriously, theres something called an IPod or MP3... READ the posts before acting a smart kid.
lecture.gif

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
TwinBlades said:
lostdwarf said:

choose a song,

Who the f*** are you calling a noob? Us, hmmm, I'm talking about when your playing a game and who the heck is going to listen to music in the DSI? I mean some people might sometimes but seriously, theres something called an IPod or MP3... READ the posts before acting a smart kid.
lecture.gif

I listen to music on my DSi. it is great on the bus. and by the way i am calling you a 'noob'
If you read my post correctly in the first place you will have noticed i wrote it wont work on DS games but just with music.
Does anyone with any brain cells want to write a comment?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night