Voice Chat online

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by wovva, Nov 13, 2007.

Nov 13, 2007

Voice Chat online by wovva at 11:57 AM (1,002 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. wovva
    OP

Newcomer wovva Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    One of the great things about XBox live and Halo 2 was the ability to speak to members of your team before and after the game to discuss tactics or just chat.

Are there any plans to release a headset for the Wii?

Compared to XBox live Wii online really is an embarrasment.

2. The_Cylon_Surfer

Member The_Cylon_Surfer GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I very much doubt it - It would be cool for the upcomin Mario Kart game, diss'n kart riders as you splat em with a green shell would be awsome!

I must say tho its not only the lack of a headset that makes the Wii an embarrasment - the game lineup is very poor, once I have beat Mario Galaxy and MK is relased I may as well rename my wii to the "Mario Kart Machine". I doubt there will be many more good titles after that....

3. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    I'd say it is possible, after all the Wii uses bluetooth for the controllers, I'm sure that you could use one of the unused connections for a headset.

Probably won't work if there are multiple players on the same console.

4. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

I wish Nintendo would create a "Talk to mii" channel.
    It could support voice chat and ... maybe live video calls?
    This would require external hardware indeed. But I think Nintendo makes profit off hardware sales so it's all good, right?

5. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    You mean a camera like the EyeToy or the Playstation Eye? Or maybe just a regular USB webcam could do the trick, if Nintendo supports it.... [​IMG]

6. wovva
    OP

Newcomer wovva Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Considering that online play adds weeks to the enjoyment of a game it is surprising that Nintendo is still so wooly in its approach to it.

Comparing XBox Live to Wii online is like Man Utd going against my sunday league team. My main disappointment with the Wii as it happens.