WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well I played the EU version of Virtues Last Reward for a few days now and I can't say I like the japanese voice acting. The japanese dubs are kinda annoying here (oh and I especially hate the rabbids voice). It' s harder to get the feelings of the characters if you don't understand what they are talking. Yes, there are english subs to compensate that a bit but it's still harder than good english. You first hear what they are saying (and don't have a clue what they were saying) and only then you read the subs and get what they were saying. So there is a delay between spoken words and understanding the spoken words.

I wish there were some option to disable the japanese voices, because in such mystery game annoying voice acting is poison to the game experience. I was actually thinking of skipping this game till the 3DS has been region lock hacked (somehow I doubt it will ever happen but oh well).

Granted I don't have a clue how good or how bad the english voice acting is in the US release. Is the english dub any good?

Btw, no spoilers here.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, personally I prefer Japanese VA's for visual novels... Maybe because I've been playing visual novels for nearly a decade or maybe because I've been watching anime in it's original language for nearly two decades now, having subs in both the games and anime. Personally I see games like movies and I can't watch a movie if it's been dubbed to another language, like they do in a lot of countries (my country only dubs cartoons and movies which are for small kids, which I'm glad for).

A lot of people are happier with Japanese Voices and others are happier with dubs in their own languages. It varies really...

This is an OVA released by Aksys, dunno if these are the dubs used in the American version:

They don't seem that bad actually.

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought the English dub was fantastic. I have never been too much of a fan for Japanese audio tracks unless the english VAs were just absolutely horrible. It's nice to have them anyways, though. Just for those days I feel like being different. :ha:

The cast of the NA release was like 80% from the Persona games. (Blue for Persona 3, Orange for 4)
  • Akihiko = Dio
  • Rise = Phi
  • Mitsuru = Alice
  • Theodore (P3P) = K
  • Dojima (supposedly) = Tenmyouji
  • Fuuka = Clover
  • Labrys = Zero 3
  • Chie (P4G) = Quark
Those voice actors are really good, IMO. The only english voice I hated was Quark's though. His little, whiny voice made me want to punch him in some scenes...

I played on vita, so I can't say I feel your pain. I'll be rooting for you whenever a region-block hack comes out!

badnat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only game I've played where I appreciated the dub is Kid Icarus... The dubs are quite well done and the dialogue so random and constant that there's no way to pull your eyes away from the action to be reading all the time, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr