OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HL8QmL7.jpg

Hello!

I'm updating this first part to make this package more clear.

This is entirely based on Atmosphere, and is NOT a custom firmware in itself, the way I worded the title was not the best, and I apologise for any confusion. This is an All In One package aimed for ease of use for people who are lazy, or new to the scene.

This is purely to "fill the Vöid" of Kosmos, to create a quick, easy, and "noob" proof set up for anyone who wants to install custom firmware quick and easy.

Is this needed? No, not really, then why did I do it? A fun little project.

All credit goes to the respective developers of anything and everything used in this pack.

This is a heavily a work in progress, so if you have anything you'd like added, removed, or any suggestions at all, please let me know.

You can message me on here, or message me on Discord at Synecdoche#2077

https://github.com/Synecdoche1/Void-NX

THANK YOU FOR 1,700 DOWNLOADS!

MAKE A NAND BACKUP IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY

HBG SHOP DOES NOT COME INSTALLED WITH THIS PACK, THE HBG EDITION JUST ALLOWS YOU TO USE HBG WITH IT. PLEASE FIND A DOWNLOAD ELSEWHERE.

DISCLAIMER

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A NAND BACKUP THROUGH HEKATE OR ANY OTHER WAY YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE USING.
NOTHING SHOULD BREAK USING THIS PACK, BUT IT'S ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE ONE ANYWAY TO BE SAFE.

I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT MAY OR MAY NOT HAPPEN TO YOUR SWITCH. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

How to InstallFeaturesHomebrew IncludedPayloads IncludedPC Applications IncludedHBG vs None HBGTroubleshootingF.A.Q.Changelog

1. Download the latest zip file from https://github.com/Synecdoche1/Void-NX/releases
    Unzip the file to a location of your choice.
    Copy the contents of the "SD Card" to the root of your Switch SD Card.
    Inject Hekate using a payload launcher of your choice.
    Enjoy!

• Drag and drop, ready to use from the moment you inject your payload!
    • 2 flavours are available, Normal and HBG. Both patched, but HBG Shop only works on HBG version.
    • HBG version Boots through Hekate using Fusee-Primary, making it HGB ready.
    • Works on all Firmware versions, providing you can inject the payload.
    • Incognito enabled by default, using the Atmosphere's new Incognito, which doesn't require a backup, or writing directly to NAND!
      • This is enabled for emuNAND only to enable people to go online on sysNAND without issue.
    THIS IS NOT KNOWN TO BE SAFE AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU PROTECTION.

• Ready to use homebrew apps, all up to date. Just open your album on the Switch, and have fun!
    • Up-To-Date Atmosphere, always!
    • HB Appstore recognises what you have installed, so in the future you can update your apps yourself!
    • PC Tools available in the Zip, to get you started!
    • Payloads available to use with a Payload launcher.
    • A HBG and None HBG version available.
    • Lightweight!

• Hekate By CTCaer - Custom Firmware Launcher and emuNAND Creator.
    • Lockpick RCM By shchmue - Generates Encryption Keys
    • Tegra Explorer By suchmememanyskill - Payload Based File Explorer

2. HBG:
    Launches how it did previously, by chainloading Fusee Primary.
    • Please note, this makes launching Atmosphere much slower.

None HBG:
    Boots using Fusee Secondary, making load times a lot faster.
    • This means that HBG Shop does NOT work with this version.
    • This boots much faster than the HBG version due to using fss0.

3. It wont boot, it's only a black screen?
    From what I've been told by various people, this seems to be fixed by a completely fresh install and formatting to FAT32. How this works is beyond me because it's never happened to myself nor many people.

I keep getting a fatal error on boot?
    Try to fix archive bits through Hekate, this should never be needed but always seems to fix it.

4. What is Vöid?
    Vöid is an all-in-one custom firmware for the Nintendo Switch based on Atmosphere, in the same kin as Kosmos, entirely focussing on ease of use for anyone that wants to set up custom firmware on their Nintendo Switch without much effort.

Why "Vöid"?
    Atmosphere is named after the layer of gasses around the world, and Kosmos is named after, well, the Cosmos. Both astronomical in nature, Vöid is named from the emptiness of space, and to "fill the void" of Kosmos. The umlaut is just because I liked it.

You said Incognito isn't known to be safe, what else can I do to protect myself?
    First of all, do not install pirated games and run them on your account and then connect to the internet. That is a sure way to get banned. If you do want to connect to the internet and use applications such as Homebrew Appstore, then I'd highly recommend 90DNS

Is there a Vöid Discord?
    Not at the moment, as I don't see a need for one, but if people are interested I'd happily make one.

Does HBG Shop work with this?
    HBG Shop will only work on the HBG version of Vöid.

Why Awoo and Goldleaf? Isn't one enough?
    Goldleaf is incredible for title management but can be a bit broken at times for installing games. This is where Awoo comes in, as it works the majority of the time without hassle.

What is the .get folder?
    The .get folder is the folder used by HB Appstore to show what is installed, what version, etc.

5. 1.0.1:
    • Incognito was disabled for sysNAND to allow people to play their legit games online. emuNAND is still enabled by default.

1.0.2:
    • Added NS-USBloader to PC tools to allow people to install their games via PC

1.1:
    • Added Hekate properly to the zip, as I very stupidly uploaded an outdated zip folder without Hekate present.

1.1.1:
    • Added Hekate config files.

2.0:
    • Sigpatches are now included by default
    • Added a boot logo, because why not.
    • Added sys-con
    • Added Gamecard Installer
    • Fixed a few boot issues I encounter and assumed others did too, this now boots correctly.
    • Tidied up the Switch folder to include all homebrew provided

2.1:
    • Cleaned up the /switch/ folder once again, to remove duplicates.
    • Included the Appstore files, so the Appstore now knows what is installed.
    • These are in /switch/.get
    • lockpick_rcm and TegraExplorer payloads are now included in the SD Card folder.
    • Edizon config folder is now present.
    • Overlays for Tesla are now present (Not sure why these got removed).

2.1.1:
    • Another cleanup
    • Sigpatch Installer was added for easier sigpatch updating.

3.0:
    • All Homebrew apps updated
    • Added the following:
      • VGEdit
      • Emuiibo
      • Amiigo
      • NX Theme Injecter
      • Status Monitor Overlay
      • SYS Tune Overlay
    • Updated Bootlogo, however, due to chainloading it doesn't work at the moment but added it anyway. But it looks nicer regardless.
    • Added a Vöid Lite, which does not include the Payloads and PC Tools
    • HB Appstore cache update and shows what you have installed.
    • General clean up, so with a fresh install of Vöid you will no longer get multiple of the same versions of Homebrew Apps.

NOT TESTED
    • Hekate now boots by chainloading Fusee Primary, so HGB Shop should work, please let me know if this isn't the case as the website is down and I couldn't test it.

3.1:

• Sigpatches updated and verifies working, again. Successfully installed and ran a game without issue.
    • Updated Awaoo Installer to 1.3.3.

3.2:
    • Removed boot wait as the boot logo doesn't currently work.
    • Finally found an HBG Shop download to test, and HBG DOES now work.
      • As always, HBG will not come included.
    • Added Appstore Workbench to the PC Folder of Vöid NX.
    • Something about system stability.

4.0:
    • Two options of both Vöid and Vöid Lite are available. One Patched with Sigpatches, one without.

4.5:

4.6:
    • Updated Sigpatches to newest release for Atmosphere 13.0
    • Removed the following to make Vöid Lite even Lighter for a bog-standard install. Removing everything I don't feel is needed to get you up and running with a smaller installation.
      • Amiigo
      • FTPD
      • Switch Theme Installer
      • Switch Cheat Updater
      • N-Xplorer
      • Amiigo Overlay
      • Sys-Tune Overlay
    • Updated VG Edit to the latest release.

5.0:
    • No more unpatched versions, just Normal and HBG Versions.

Normal
    :
    • Boots using Fusee Secondary, making load times a lot faster.
      • This means that HBG Shop does NOT work with this version.
      • This boots much faster than the HBG version due to using fss0.
    • Names been changed to sysVOID and emuVOID, because why not?
    • Added payload launcher homebrew app from suchmememanyskill to allow you to launch into Hekate if needed. Thanks to @MSco for the suggestion.
    • Up to date, Hekate sigpatches included.
    • Added Hekate and Fusee Primary to the payloads folder, for launching with Payload Launcher and if you want to chainload yourself using either version.

HBG:
    • Launches how it did previously, by chainloading Fusee Primary.
      • Please note, this makes launching Atmosphere much slower.
    • Names been changed to sysVOID and emuVOID, because why not?
    • Up to date, sigpatches included.
    • Added payload launcher homebrew app from suchmememanyskill to allow you to launch into Hekate if needed. Thanks to @MSco for the suggestion.
    • Added Hekate and Fusee Primary to the payloads folder, for launching with Payload Launcher and if you want to chainload yourself using either version.

Last edited by Synecdoche,

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...no, it isn't. It is just Atmos packed with some homebrew or in other words,
another one of those packages that no one asked for.

I think you missed this part, “Is this needed? No not really, then why did I do it? A fun little project. If interest is enough, I'll keep it up, if no one cares then so be it, I had fun along the way!”

You don’t need to use this. This project was more for fun. Congrats on your 8 warning points, by the way.

Last edited by slaphappygamer,

Panzerfaust

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why "Vöid"?
Atmosphere is named from the layer of gasses around the world, and Kosmos is named after, well, the Cosmos. Both astrological in nature, Vöid is named from the emptiness of space, and to "fill the void" of Kosmos. The umlaut is just because I liked it.

Astrology ≠ Astronomy

Astrology is horoscope and shit
Astronomy is science

Synecdoche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
What I liked about KOSMOS was the included automatic updater. Is there an equivalent here or do we have to update manually when an update for the package becomes available ?

Synecdoche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No offense it looks incomplete, doesn't even look like it would boot correct just looking at the files given.

It launches fine, just plug and play
What I liked about KOSMOS was the included automatic updater. Is there an equivalent here or do we have to update manually when an update for the package becomes available ?

It's currently being worked on, as well as a Toolbox equivalent.

This right now is a little project worked on between actual work, but I'll have it up soon!

ozling

Trophies
XP
Country
Good to have another option and good on you for taking it on. Pity about the sig patches, for that is where most Noobs get tripped up, and then launch their anger at developers.

To be really noob friendly, it needs inclusion, as the sig needs updating with every update installed.

Reactions: Synecdoche

Synecdoche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good to have another option and good on you for taking it on. Pity about the sig patches, for that is where most Noobs get tripped up, and then launch their anger at developers.

To be really noob friendly, it needs inclusion, as the sig needs updating with every update installed.

I agree, only reason they aren't included at the moment, is to keep the project "clean". However, I may actually add a "sigpatch" version.

Reactions: ozling

Synecdoche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone,

Massive apologies but as some one pointed out earlier the initial release was missing some files, this was entirely my fault as I uploaded an outdated pre-release version that didn't include Hekate, you know, the part that makes it boot.

That has been resolved now, it was a stupid error on my end that happened due to excitement to get this released.

This now includes a Hekate config file to help get this running smoother as well.

I'm going to release a separate sigpatch version very soon as well, to be a true noob release ready to run with.

The updater and toolbox is still in the works, just bear with me as this is being worked on between actual work, but I hope to get these up and running soon.

Synecdoche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I apologise in advance for the hateful idiots that will attack you in the present and future.

I expect it, but it's water on a duck's back, this is for fun!

whats the different between your fw and Atmos/ Kosmos

Strictly speaking nothing, it's just a "all in one" package to drag and drop, kind of in the vain of Kosmos since it closed down. At this point in time it's just a "drop this and you're set" type deal.

dotmehdi

Trophies
Paris, France, Europe, Earth (Milky Way).
XP
Country
France
Thank you for this projet ! I just made a news about this on the most known french portail for hacking :)

Hope this project will grow if people love it !!

Edit : If I can give you an advice, you should add sys-con on your pack as it's used by a lot of people and doesn't cause any incompatibilites with other homebrews and mods... And man you should definetly add a custom splashboot that would look like the banner you just putted on your post !!

Last edited by dotmehdi,
Reactions: Synecdoche

Synecdoche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for this projet ! I just made a news about this on the most known french portail for hacking :)

Hope this project will grow if people love it !!

Edit : If I can give you an advice, you should add sys-con on your pack as it's used by a lot of people and doesn't cause any incompatibilites with other homebrews and mods... And man you should definetly add a custom splashboot that would look like the banner you just putted on your post !!

Ooooh, do you have a link?

And as requested, I've added Sys-Con

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Up to date sigpatches are now added.

And a rather large update is out

Slim45

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
...no, it isn't. It is just Atmos packed with some homebrew or in other words,
another one of those packages that no one asked for.
speak for yourself. kosmos evolved from sd files and i think it was really good. The way I see it is if people don't release stuff the hb scene would be empty. With respect, if u cant contribute at the very least STFU :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"