VNPSP - Playing Visual Novels on PSP systems

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Kazuto-Z-, May 19, 2018.

1. Kazuto-Z-
    OP

Kazuto-Z- Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2016
    Macau
    Hello , so today I found an interesting but somehow forgotten homebrew that let's you play VNDS converted visual novels like Fate/Stay Night on PSP and PS VITA. But there is no build on the official Github and all the links to the eboot.pbp are dead so the instructions on Github are that I build it myself , which I am unable to. Can someone please do it? Here is the link to the Github :
    https://github.com/liclac/VNPSP

Gojira-san likes this.
  2. Darksabre72

Darksabre72 Blue Falcon

Nov 26, 2016
    United States
  3. Isegrim

Isegrim Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Europe
  4. crimsonwolf8439

crimsonwolf8439 Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2016
    No. I just tested this. While I didn't manage to get it compiled, the only real errors were from oslib not being installed properly (my fault, noticed and not yet fixed) and some undefined references in libgum.a. Other than that, I don't believe it should be too hard to fix.

On another note, currently working with the creater of renpsp to overhaul it and transfer everything to C. Might be interested in that.

Edit: For those interested, just did a quick check, it is indeed oslibmodv2 and not any of the prior versions.

https://imgur.com/a/jmLnlC5

I'm really sorry to bother you like this again @Joel16 but if I'm reading this right, doesn't it mean the precompiled from dogo is flawed?

Last edited by crimsonwolf8439, Oct 19, 2018
    Isegrim and Kazuto-Z- like this.
  5. Joel16

Joel16 Ils ne passeront pas

May 8, 2011
    United States
    Doesn't concern you.
    Sorry, I didn't get notified on this, but it seems your libpng is outdated/not working.

crimsonwolf8439 likes this.
  6. crimsonwolf8439

crimsonwolf8439 Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2016
    So it is that. Tried compliling GLib2D as well and failed for that reason but wasn't sure.

Also @Isegrim I'm not quite sure what you mean about links being dead as I can (and just did) download the compiled eboot attached to the end of the wololo post you quoted. I tried to test it on PPSSPP but it didn't work, so I'm assuming it's hardware only.

Last edited by crimsonwolf8439, Oct 28, 2018