VLR for PS Vita or 3DS?

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So I certainly want to buy Virtue's Last Reward, because I loved 999, but I have a 3DS and a PS Vita and don't know which version to choose.

I have just a normal 3DS so based on the screen size I would pick the PS Vita version, but maybe the 2 screens is more of a plus for the controls in this game.

So which would you recommend?

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Vita version apparently has less issues with bugs than the 3DS version apparently. A puzzle room froze on me and after I finished an ending, the game crashed on me. Fortunately my save was ok but I nearly did shit myself.

3DS version would be easier to play regarding doing the puzzles. Using a stylus in much easier than using your finger as you would have to on a Vita (unless you buy a capacitive touch screen stylus).

Also take into account there's no english voice acting in the European version of the game because Rising Star Games seemingly didn't give a shit about licensing it. Personally I prefer listening to voice acting in english so this was a blow me.

If I were you, I'd import the US Vita version. The controls would be a pain but least the game would perform better and you get to listen to the glorious and amazing english dub an actual choice for the VA.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yep, the UK version of VLR has some bugs but i think its gonna be later fixed in the European version.
HINT:The game was not released outside of UK. Germany release date is Spring 2013.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The Vita version apparently has less issues with bugs than the 3DS version apparently. A puzzle room froze on me and after I finished an ending, the game crashed on me. Fortunately my save was ok but I nearly did shit myself.

3DS version would be easier to play regarding doing the puzzles. Using a stylus in much easier than using your finger as you would have to on a Vita (unless you buy a capacitive touch screen stylus).

Also take into account there's no english voice acting in the European version of the game because Rising Star Games seemingly didn't give a shit about licensing it. Personally I prefer listening to voice acting in english so this was a blow me.

If I were you, I'd import the US Vita version. The controls would be a pain but least the game would perform better and you get to listen to the glorious and amazing english dub an actual choice for the VA.

Ok so I think I'll take the PS Vita version then.

I actually wanted the Japanese voice acting, but I guess it would be nice that I could switch to english if I wanted just for the fun of it.
I have a 15-euro-off coupon for a local gamestore but I could use that for P4: Golden when it comes out in february here.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yep, the UK version of VLR has some bugs but i think its gonna be later fixed in the European version.
HINT:The game was not released outside of UK. Germany release date is Spring 2013.
We just have the english version at our gamestores, so we don't have to wait for a translation.
All gamers here play in english so no one bothers translating any 12+ handheld game to dutch.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
We just have the english version at our gamestores, so we don't have to wait for a translation.
All gamers here play in english so no one bothers translating any 12+ handheld game to dutch.

Well Rising Star Games said that they fixed the bug in the carts they shipped.
Dunno if ur gonna get the bugged one.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wait.... u got VLR for Christmas but still u want to buy it?
No no I still have to 'get' the game.
It's the presents my parents are going to give me, but since they don't know a thing about games they just repay me the money.
Also we don't give each other presents for christmas but at New Year.
We don't have Santa Clause here but Sinterklaas on the 6th of decembre (which is actually basically the same thing but he looks a little different, even the name is similar) but that's only for the little kids.
And at New Years Eve both the grown-ups and the kids get presents.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
It's the presents my parents are going to give me, but since they don't know a thing about games they just repay me the money.
We don't have Santa Clause here but Sinterklaas on the 6th of decembre (which is actually basically the same thing but he looks a little different, even the name is similar) but that's only for the little kids.

Well then
Vita version= no bugs,hard to play,better graphics,English and Japanese Voices
3DS version=bug,easy to play,3D graphics,Japanese Voices(there is a Demo is eShop so u can try it, just change the Location to UK cause only UK has the Demo)

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well then
Vita version= no bugs,hard to play,better graphics,English and Japanese Voices
3DS version=bug,easy to play,3D graphics,Japanese Voices(there is a Demo is eShop so u can try it, just change the Location to UK cause only UK has the Demo)
Oh right there's a demo.
I'll try that thanks.

D

Deleted_171835

If you live in Europe, Vita for voice-acting.

North America, get the 3DS version thanks to the resistive touchscreen, 3D if you like that and dual-screens for jotting down notes.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually had no problem with the 3DS version, at all. No freezing, no bugs, nothing. Only thing was spelling mistakes in the text lol. But then again, I did kind of keep my 3DS on for like 2 weeks straight...

D

Deleted User

lolololol
'sinterklaas' is here at dec for us lol and we also have santa :D (kerstman) :P:P::P:P:P

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
lolololol
'sinterklaas' is here at dec for us lol and we also have santa :D (kerstman) :P:P::P:P:P
Well yeah Santa exists here too, but more because of all the publicity and american christmass movies etc.
Originally there was only Sinterklaas in Belgium and the Netherlands.
It depends from family to family what they celebrate I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy +1