Vizio announces partnership with 'Marvel’s Avengers' and optimized TVs for next-gen consoles

vizio.png

Vizio, the American-based TV brand, has announced today that they partnered with Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics as the official HDTV and sound bar partner for the upcoming Marvel’s Avengers. Vizio’s 2021 TVs 4K TVs are said to pack a "dedicating gaming engine" and optimized for next-gen gaming performance. Their new line of IQ 4K HDR processors and ProGaming Engine models claims to offer faster response times and premium picture quality to optimize the overall experience. Vizio mentions support for 4K at 120fps, variable refresh rates, and automatic low latency mode switching when game sources are detected.

Details on how Marvel’s Avengers will utilize these features was not revealed but the deal also extends to Vizio's 5.1-channel soundbars. Of note is their Elevate Sound Bar which features rotating speakers when it detects Dolby Atmos or DTS:X sound and could be interesting to see it function with the PS5's 3D audio, although Vizio did not mention anything about this in particular.

For more information on VIzio and to keep in touch with their latest news, you can follow their official LinkedIn account linked below.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: VIZIO Official LinkedIn Account

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah...verify it with Blurbusters and then we can talk. Otherwise, IDK what all of that shit means, especially when you start tossing in shit like IQ in there.

OK, YOU WANNA KNOW? FINE, I ADMIT IT!

I DON'T KNOW HOW PROGAMING ENGINE WORKS!

IT OFFERS IQ 4K HDR, BUT WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? WHAT DOES IT MEAN THAT IT HAS IQ?

IQ IS SUPPOSESDLY SMART, BUT I STILL HAVE TO CONTROL IT VIA MY PHONE OR REMOTE, HOW IS IT IQ IF IT CAN'T READ MINDS?

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE, IT CAN'T BE SMART, IT CAN'T BE SMART.

FINE, YOU CAN USE VOICE COMMANDS AND PAIR YOUR PHONE WITH THE TV, BUT YOU CAN'T CLAIM IT TO BE SMART. THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

I DON'T KNOW! I DON'T KNOW!

SOMEONE TELL ME! SOMEONE TELL ME HOW IQ 4K HDR WORKS I NEED TO KNOW!

I NEED TO KNOW HOW IQ 4K HDR WORKS PLEASE!!! PLEASE JUST TELL ME! I NEED TO KNOW! SOMEONE EXPLAIN IT!

IT'S CONFUSING IDK, HOW DOES KING HDR 4K CRIMSON WORK!? HOW DOES IT WORK!? HOW DOES KING CRIMSON WORK, PLEASE!?

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME I NEED TO KNOW HOW IQ 4K HDR WORKS!!!!!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah...verify it with Blurbusters and then we can talk. Otherwise, IDK what all of that shit means, especially when you start tossing in shit like IQ in there.

OK, YOU WANNA KNOW? FINE, I ADMIT IT!

I DON'T KNOW HOW PROGAMING ENGINE WORKS!

IT OFFERS IQ 4K HDR, BUT WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? WHAT DOES IT MEAN THAT IT HAS IQ?

IQ IS SUPPOSESDLY SMART, BUT I STILL HAVE TO CONTROL IT VIA MY PHONE OR REMOTE, HOW IS IT IQ IF IT CAN'T READ MINDS?

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE, IT CAN'T BE SMART, IT CAN'T BE SMART.

FINE, YOU CAN USE VOICE COMMANDS AND PAIR YOUR PHONE WITH THE TV, BUT YOU CAN'T CLAIM IT TO BE SMART. THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

I DON'T KNOW! I DON'T KNOW!

SOMEONE TELL ME! SOMEONE TELL ME HOW IQ 4K HDR WORKS I NEED TO KNOW!

I NEED TO KNOW HOW IQ 4K HDR WORKS PLEASE!!! PLEASE JUST TELL ME! I NEED TO KNOW! SOMEONE EXPLAIN IT!

IT'S CONFUSING IDK, HOW DOES KING HDR 4K CRIMSON WORK!? HOW DOES IT WORK!? HOW DOES KING CRIMSON WORK, PLEASE!?

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME I NEED TO KNOW HOW IQ 4K HDR WORKS!!!!!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Their "IQ Ultra" and "IQ Active" processors are simply names. Just like how other processors have names like Xeon, Celeron, Ivy Bridge, Haswell, etc. etc. Do you ask the same questions when AMD or Intel release a new processor/microarchitecture name"? ;)

"dedicating gaming engine" wow can the tv run crysis

Is it that difficult to understand that their gaming engine refers to features like low input lag, VRR, and FreeSync?

Regardless of the silly posts.... these Vizio tvs have already been under fire for various reasons. Lot's of people having problems & their flagship, the PQX model, has had an incredible rocky and confusing launch.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,
Reactions: Rahkeesh

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their "IQ Ultra" and "IQ Active" processors are simply names. Just like how other processors have names like Xeon, Celeron, Ivy Bridge, Haswell, etc. etc. Do you ask the same questions when AMD or Intel release a new processor/microarchitecture name"? ;)

Is it that difficult to understand that their gaming engine refers to features like low input lag, VRR, and FreeSync?

Regardless of the silly posts.... these Vizio tvs have already been under fire for various reasons. Lot's of people having problems & their flagship, the PQX model, has had an incredible rocky and confusing launch.

I'm more poking fun at how many buzzwords they can cram into a product name and the marketing materials...

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit more about the latest Vizio flagship. It was available for about a week and now it's nowhere to be found. There are rumors that they have already been de-listed, that Vizio pulled them for QC, and will re-release the lineup this fall. Edit: I should mention that other 2021 (H1) Vizio models are available. It's just the flagship PQX-H1 that seems to have gone completely MIA.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
4k only ?
shouldn't it support 8k instead if they are advertised as "optimized for next-gen gaming performance."
Well, seeing how much a 8k TV costs, and only few games really use 4k with current gen, it's probably the right choice to focus on 4k as "next gen norm" here.

Announcing something all other brands already do is nothing spectacular, and I don't see the link with a specific single game partnership. All other games will look bad on that TV? Only "partnership appliers" will be able to use that TV, like a DRM ?

Last edited by Cyan,

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ad nauseam marketing.
Seriously, who's going to watch this and be like, sure now I want to buy this game and this TV!
If anything it's the other way around. I was somewhat tempted by this game but I can't stand cheap marketing tactics.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why buy a POS 8k tv thats probably going to take 2 thirds of your paycheck when you could buy a 1440p 144hz monitor that goes good with your gaming pc and is only 200 dollars
better yet just pick up a fucking cheap smart 4k tv from amazon or walmart
this shit is useless.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why buy a POS 8k tv thats probably going to take 2 thirds of your paycheck when you could buy a 1440p 144hz monitor that goes good with your gaming pc and is only 200 dollars
better yet just pick up a fucking cheap smart 4k tv from amazon or walmart
this shit is useless.

For starters, one is considerably larger compared to the monitor. So like a 27" screen vs say a 55". LOL! You're also obviously 100% clueless if you think buying some off-brand garbage tv that's $300 for a 55"+ is the better option.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For starters, one is considerably larger compared to the monitor. So like a 27" screen vs say a 55". LOL! You're also obviously 100% clueless if you think buying some off-brand garbage tv that's $300 for a 55"+ is the better option.
300 dollars for 55 inches isnt bad, and its still a much more sensible choice than buyng a "iq 4k hdr" tv
like what the fuck even is this marketing, why are these ps5 ready tvs even a thing

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
300 dollars for 55 inches isnt bad, and its still a much more sensible choice than buyng a "iq 4k hdr" tv
like what the fuck even is this marketing, why are these ps5 ready tvs even a thing

Read my prior post about the name/branding. And ANY $300 tv that's 47" or larger is garbage. Fact. Your comments show that you are oblivious to things like input lag, motion handling, black levels, uniformity, local dimming, peak brightness, gradients, etc, etc. There's a reason a Bugatti La Voiture Noire costs more than a Ford Eco Force.

Reactions: Rahkeesh

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The problem with most cheaper tv's is that they're shit for gaming. Last two flat screen tv's I bought for gaming use were close to a grand each... and not even particularly massive (largest being 49"), but in my case I was paying for low latency gaming mode and legacy inputs (SCART and component as well as a load of HDMI's).

Reactions: D34DL1N3R

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its actually not hard to get decent input lag for cheap (at least at 60hz), the Roku TCLs are right there. Garbage in every other category but they will deliver responsive gameplay at least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @StatusN, welcome