1. Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    what a bullshot

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    And not a damn thing will be different between this and any other TV with similar specs. Just marketing BS that one manufacturer or another likes to pull whenever a console release is incoming, and every single time its meant absolutely nothing, not sure why anyone cares.

Silent_Gunner and TheCasualties like this.
  3. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Isn't Vizio like a Wal-Mart generic brand or something? I'd hardly associate it with top-end performance.

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    No, they have nothing to do with Walmart.

Vizio is one of the "high quality" budget brands of TVs...if you happen get a decent panel, anyways. They have awful quality control, their "smart" TV stuff is dogshit, and their user support is pretty garbage, but if you happen to win the defect lottery and get a decent panel out of them that doesn't die off they're great TVs

Silent_Gunner and Xzi like this.
  5. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    Not Vizio, no. ONN the other hand...

6. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    One thing I see people not mentioning, and is common to see people not mentioning all over the internet when discussing televisions... is series numbers. People just throw out statements like "Samsung, LG, and Sony are the best!!!" and "Vizio, TCL, and Hisense are all garbage!!!" When the fact of the matter comes down to the series within each brand. The top of the line Vizio, TCL, and Hisense tv's will blow the low to mid end "trusted brand" sets out of the water.

The site everyone should be reading prior to purchasing a new television. And don't just go by the overall category scores. While they do a good enough job at representing just that, "overall" scores, the separate in depth test result numbers offer much more insight but they do also go hand in hand. https://www.rtings.com/

Last edited by D34DL1N3R, Aug 18, 2020
  7. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Dirty Weeb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

United States
    First Verizon...Intel...Sony...now Vizio...this game is becoming a corporate bukkake circlejerk

Xzi and Silent_Gunner like this.
  8. Kraken_X

Kraken_X Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    My $250 Vizio is higher quality than my $1600 TV from 4 years ago. Is it as good as a $1600 TV today? Of course not, but it's a damn good value. And the $300 TV in 4 years will almost certainly be better than the $1600 one from today.

They make their money off recording your screen and sending it back, so never connect a smart TV to the internet though. That's how they have gotten so cheap.

Last edited by Kraken_X, Aug 19, 2020
  9. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Vizio is a garbage company. They created $1.4 million of debt for its workers and left them unpaid. The failure rate on all of their devices (on all lines @D34DL1N3R ) is higher than anything I have ever seen before--so much, that they have to employ and destroy shell companies to absorb the costs of their warranty support.

10. PROTOBOY

PROTOBOY GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Looks interesting. I'll probably check it out for the Xbox Series X..

Definitely we need more info about it..

11. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Square-Enix knows they've got a big fat turd on their hands with this game, it's the only reason to be selling off exclusive content piecemeal like this.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  12. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Dirty Weeb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

United States
    And to think that Eidos Montréal and Crystal Dynamics were forced to waste their time on this instead of working on the 3rd Deus Ex game.

Xzi likes this.
  13. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    At this point I would be more impressed if a gaming focused TV offered legacy port and resolution support, and maybe something fancy like a replacement adapter or two if they really wanted to push the boat out.

Kraken_X and Silent_Gunner like this.
  14. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    Vizio , is one of the worst tv i had , Vizio is garbage

15. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    People in here knocking Vizio. Shiiiiit... I've had a few TVs. All of which held up nicely. Rocking a 4K (Non-HDR) TV that works really well for gaming. Bought it back in 2015.

16. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    I had a second-hand Vizio that held up real well, and I enjoyed it. However, in the field they have the highest turnover I've ever seen, and ethically they are garbage too.

17. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    Honestly, I'd be dumb to deny that. :rofl2:

18. teamlocust

teamlocust GBAtemp Regular

India
    Dumb people will buy dumb shit like these meanwhile I am still very happy with q95r..

19. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    True, I have a 52 inch Plasma TV from 2009 and until now no 4K LCD TV looks better (not counting oleds). Pixel resolution does not mean better screen quality. Is funny because PS3 games look like PS4 games on my TV hahahhha I remembering hugging and kissing the woman who sold me this TV last year (kept almost brand new). I was looking for it for years ;)

Last edited by nashismo, Aug 19, 2020
  20. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    I am sure your power company loves you and the one that sold it to you too. That is unless it took the place of an electric heater.

Skelletonike likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - partnership, Marvel’s, announces