Viva la Vida

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Talaria, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Talaria
    OP

Talaria ...

Jan 31, 2007
    New Zealand
    Anyone digging the new Coldplay album. Surprisingly I Actually brought it [​IMG]. There are a couple of songs which I think are pretty crap but it's still good. My favourites would be Lovers in Japan, Violet Hill, Viva la Vida and Lost? (Itunes only song)

Your opinions?

2. SylvWolf

SylvWolf Ave Dominus Nox

Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    East Coast, USA
    I've had the album for about a week or so and I've absolutely loved it. My favorite song would have to be Viva La Vida and I prefer Lost and Violet Hill next. Although, I do like most of the songs.

3. krazykirk

krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    Australia
    I previewed the song my thought was... "RUN AWAYY!!!!""

For me it just sounds too much like their last album >_

4. MaHe

MaHe one lazy schmo

Aug 4, 2006
    Slovenia
    Maribor
    Meh, I like Life in Technicolor, Cemeteries of London, Viva la Vida and Violet Hill. Oh, and the cover is pretty awesome. [​IMG]

5. Trolly

Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2007
    Behind you! I know you looked!
    Yes, the cover IS awesome... *points at avatar*
    However, I didn't think the album was that good. Maybe I was expecting a bit much though. Meh, the best songs are Violet Hill, Viva La Vida, and Lovers In Japan. Lost? is decent, but I interestingly I much prefer the pre-release version I found on Mininova. It doesn't have the loud clapping and stomping in the background, which kinda wrecks it if you ask me. See if you can find it in the "4 tracks off Viva La Vida" torrents, if you're interested.
    Anyway, the rest of the album feels very average, a lot like their first album. A few good songs, and the rest just feels like background music. Nice to have in the background when you're working or doing something, but it's not a hardcore listening album, if you gets meh?
    Anyway, I'm sure it'll grow on me over time, as I burnt a copy for my parents so I'll be hearing it aplenty on holiday.

6. fischju

fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

Jan 11, 2008
    United States
    Life in Technicolor is a good song

7. arctic_flame

arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

Nov 4, 2006
    England land
    Coldplay is over-produced and the songs aren't good.

Also, they got the Baudot code wrong on the front of X&Y. That made me laugh, it's like not proofreading your sleeve notes or something.

8. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Parachutes was good, the rest bored me to tears including this one.

9. JKR Firefox

JKR Firefox Back.

Nov 18, 2006
    Canada
    Canada
    My girlfriend is a Coldplay fiend, so no matter if I like them or not, I have to listen to them [​IMG]

Surprisingly enough, this album isn't as bad as the others...