Vitual Console Games, How many blocks?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by arukado, Jun 28, 2008.

Jun 28, 2008
  1. arukado
    OP

Newcomer arukado Member

United States
    Hi guys, hope this isn't a stupid request, but is there somewhere online where there is a list of how many "Blocks" each virtual game takes up on the Wii? It sounds like something I should be able to find online but my google-fu seems weak. Add to the fact that the Wii shopping channel won't tell me either unless I'm buying it.

Which leads me to a 2nd half ass question. What happens when you try to install a VC/Wii ware game when you have no room on your wii? I heard it "semi bricks" your Wii but that there was a "fix." I can't seem to phrase the right search string to come up with this answer but if I new how many "blocks" a game took up before hand there wouldn't be a risk of me screwing up.

Any and all info is welcomed and thanks.

2. trent_fox

Member trent_fox GBAtemp Regular

United States
  3. arukado
    OP

Newcomer arukado Member

United States
    Thank you soo much trent_fox. Invaluable source of knowledge. You have my deepest thanks.

4. samsam12

Banned samsam12 Test

United States
    if you go over your limit, the wii asks you to delete some stuff. you have to or you cant go to the wii menu. but, if you go over about 400 blocks over the limit, your only way out is to format your memory, so be careful!

5. arukado
    OP

Newcomer arukado Member

United States
    Thanks a bunch guys! Really great stuff.