Hacking VitaShell USB transfer not working

QThatOneGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as the title says. FW 3.60 Henkaku. System is running unsafe mode, select button is set to USB, but my PC doesnt read the drive at all. Uninstalled CMA, got a fresh reinstall of QMCA and I never get any notification saying its connected. When I refresh the database, it give me the error message saying that no PS Vita has been installed. I tried running Zadig 2.3 to build up the database, but the only thing that is recognized is my webcam for my PC. I even ran a factory reset for both my PC and Vita and still ended up with the same results. Any help would be appreciated. Please, im going insane here.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
strange that a factory reset didn't fix the problem. the issue is that certain programs and/or drivers conflict with the usb driver. I haven't pinpointed the exact app or driver, but I know this to be the case. it's not the vita, but something on ur pc causing this to happen.

btw, r u using vita shell or qcma to transfer files? vita shell should work, so I'm assuming qcma is ur issue?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the mean time, uninstall any usb drivers u have that rn't k with qcma. one flaw with qcma is that it doesn't uninstall the usb drivers once u uninstall the app. u need to reinstall the app, select the usb driver u have installed, then uninstall the usb driver first, then qcma or it may not work correctly (i.e. usb drivers conflicting with one another).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I forgot to mention that it will fail uninstallation if u don't install qcma. it may uninstall the driver, but its entry will still exist in windows which may mess something up.

mummysboy

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have modded a phone on your PC and changed the adb driver for example..... this can break the usb mass storage option (if you used ODIN etc etc)

Another item to consider is if the USB port is USB 1.1 - not good enough for VITA in my experiance, you need to use a USB 2.0 port.

And finally........

Try and connect the Vita to the PC without henkaku - it may ask for an update or will trigger your OS to download some drivers for the VITA - which you can then try and use with henkaku

Reactions: emuashui

QThatOneGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
strange that a factory reset didn't fix the problem. the issue is that certain programs and/or drivers conflict with the usb driver. I haven't pinpointed the exact app or driver, but I know this to be the case. it's not the vita, but something on ur pc causing this to happen.

btw, r u using vita shell or qcma to transfer files? vita shell should work, so I'm assuming qcma is ur issue?
Tried both. When I initiate VitaShells' USB Transfer, my PC never sends me a message letting me know it found it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could be the cable. if u have vitaident, it will tell u if the usb cable is bad and if it will allow u to transfer content.

QThatOneGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have modded a phone on your PC and changed the adb driver for example..... this can break the usb mass storage option (if you used ODIN etc etc)

Another item to consider is if the USB port is USB 1.1 - not good enough for VITA in my experiance, you need to use a USB 2.0 port.

And finally........

Try and connect the Vita to the PC without henkaku - it may ask for an update or will trigger your OS to download some drivers for the VITA - which you can then try and use with henkaku
Never modded my phone, my USB port can support up to 3.0, and tried with both Henkaku loaded and vanilla from a fresh install.

could be the cable. if u have vitaident, it will tell u if the usb cable is bad and if it will allow u to transfer content.
Ill try Vitadent and will post what it says.

Make sure you using the latest version of Vita shell? Bad usb cable? Usb port don't work no more? vita port broke? Try another computer? Are you using Henkaku R10?
VitaShell is 1.62, port works with other usb based things, vita can still charge so cable and port should be fine, tried both laptop and desktop, and booted Henkaku from the website browser which auto updates.

Vitadent said it was good to go, the cable was connected and charging.

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Translation from a post in ElOtroLado, kind of the spanish ver. of this forum:

Kofus posted:

"1. Unistall QCMA and Vita's drivers
2. Reset the PC
3. Conect Vita and watch out for the drivers installation. Let it finish.
4. Now install QCMA and when it finish with it's drivers installarion youll see a message: Dispsotive updated
5. Now connect the Vita to the PC and open QCMA, it should work."

I think you can replace step 5 for: Now turn on the usb on Vitashell and connect to the PC.

Good luck

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, are you saying you're connecting your Vita to your PC via USB, using VitaShell's USB mode, and you're trying to get QCMA to work? Because that's how I'm reading it, and that's not how that works. USB mode in VitaShell is so you can use Window's Explorer to navigate the memory card, it has nothing to do with QCMA.

To use QCMA, you need to open the Content Manager on the Vita and go through the "pairing" process to pair it with your PC via USB.

Also, which driver did you install when you installed the latest QCMA?

Reactions: Quantumcat

QThatOneGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Translation from a post in ElOtroLado, kind of the spanish ver. of this forum:

Kofus posted:

"1. Unistall QCMA and Vita's drivers
2. Reset the PC
3. Conect Vita and watch out for the drivers installation. Let it finish.
4. Now install QCMA and when it finish with it's drivers installarion youll see a message: Dispsotive updated
5. Now connect the Vita to the PC and open QCMA, it should work."

I think you can replace step 5 for: Now turn on the usb on Vitashell and connect to the PC.

Good luck
Got to step 3 and have issues because my Vita never has a driver installation.

Sorry, are you saying you're connecting your Vita to your PC via USB, using VitaShell's USB mode, and you're trying to get QCMA to work? Because that's how I'm reading it, and that's not how that works. USB mode in VitaShell is so you can use Window's Explorer to navigate the memory card, it has nothing to do with QCMA.

To use QCMA, you need to open the Content Manager on the Vita and go through the "pairing" process to pair it with your PC via USB.

Also, which driver did you install when you installed the latest QCMA?
Nah, I'm saying that through all means of usb connection through my Vita, nothing works, even though both the USB port and cable are good (verified through Vitadent), and it cant be the PC because I tried 3 different ones. I tried the method you mentioned, but didn't get a prompt to install the Vitas' drivers.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Then you're not using the latest version of QCMA. Make sure you're downloading 0.4.1 from here: https://codestation.github.io/qcma/

Also, it still could be the cable, as it sounds like you have a USB charge cable only, not a data cable. This is likely the case, if you tried on different PCs and nothing happened.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Cuz that way you force the installation of Vita's drivers.

Correct. Actually seem that the problem is in fact the USB drivers for the Vita, a conflict on that matter. What do you see on the device manager window (if using windows ofc).

I've just recently connected my Vita 1010 to a Windows 7 Netbook (without CMA/QCMA installed) and the drivers were automatically installed without issues by Windows Device Manager. And I was able to start USB connection using VitaShell.

QThatOneGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you're not using the latest version of QCMA. Make sure you're downloading 0.4.1 from here: https://codestation.github.io/qcma/

Also, it still could be the cable, as it sounds like you have a USB charge cable only, not a data cable. This is likely the case, if you tried on different PCs and nothing happened.
But I did have the latest version installed from that exact site. And I have never heard of one of those cables existing, but Ill go pick up a new one later today.

Correct. Actually seem that the problem is in fact the USB drivers for the Vita, a conflict on that matter. What do you see on the device manager window (if using windows ofc).

I've just recently connected my Vita 1010 to a Windows 7 Netbook (without CMA/QCMA installed) and the drivers were automatically installed without issues by Windows Device Manager. And I was able to start USB connection using VitaShell.
Absolutely nothing in the device manager related to the vita, not even a generic 2.0 device. Im not sure its because you are on windows 7 or that I have an 1101 OLED model VIta that causes it to react differently, but my driver never installs or prompt anything of the sort.

Last edited by QThatOneGuy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Skill issue.