Hacking Vitashell keeps asking me to insert a psvita cart...Does anyone know how to fix it?

YeezusWalks

STRANGE JOURNEY CHADS RISE UP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you trying to do?

USB disk mode on a vita2sd? Make sure your vitashell settings are correct!
I mean like when i boot up the app it instantly asks for a ps vita cart... EDIT: when I launch the app it says "insert a PS Vita Card that contains this application" I can provide video if needed.

Last edited by YeezusWalks,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I mean like when i boot up the app it instantly asks for a ps vita cart
Weird, maybe it's trying to return to the last folder which happened to be on a physical game?

If that happens to be the case, you should be able to delete vitashell's settings (I think they're somewhere in ux0:/vitashell/ but haven't checked in months) using molecularshell or, if using vita2sd, by using the card in your computer...

YeezusWalks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, maybe it's trying to return to the last folder which happened to be on a physical game?

If that happens to be the case, you should be able to delete vitashell's settings (I think they're somewhere in ux0:/vitashell/ but haven't checked in months) using molecularshell or, if using vita2sd, by using the card in your computer...
I just tried it but it didn't work

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh wait, you mean BEFORE it starts, during the zoom-in animation?

That means it's not properly installed and/or the app.db is screwed up

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(I had trouble with Vita Shell 1.74 or 1.73, I forget which, but it would not install anything .................... you don't have to reinstall molecular shell (but you should always have molecular shell installed incase there is a problem), just install the unofficial version of Vita Shell)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GRH2gf3Ke9nCHEsXHoOjdHld4Z3lGj_r/view?usp=sharing

After you install the molecular shell.vpk it will display an error, after that, refresh live area from vita shell and it will show the molecular shell bubble

(get a small lcd flashlight and look in the cartridge slot of the vita, make sure something isn't lodged in there, or the contacts are not touching with nothing inside there)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

YeezusWalks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(I had trouble with Vita Shell 1.74 or 1.73, I forget which, but it would not install anything .................... you don't have to reinstall molecular shell (but you should always have molecular shell installed incase there is a problem), just install the unofficial version of Vita Shell)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GRH2gf3Ke9nCHEsXHoOjdHld4Z3lGj_r/view?usp=sharing

After you install the molecular shell.vpk it will display an error, after that, refresh live area from vita shell and it will show the molecular shell bubble
but vitashell isnt working...

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, so what? What I mean to say is, you can take your MicroSD card into your PC and then replace the VITASHELL app files in the app folder for a lower or higher version of Vita Shell, just grab a Vita Shell.vpk and extract that archive with Winrar, and maybe that will work (if this fixes the problem, then, when you used or someone tried to use the update button from vitashell, it caused corruption in the program, because it was used in memory, it was not completely over written)

(you can probably just add molecular shell directly to the live area by adding the app folder and then by modifying the app.db file) (this will take a lot more work, there are a few guides that reference how to add the white list hack by modifying the app.db, not sure if that would apply, but its work at look)

(don't be afraid to take out your micro SD and reformat and delete internal memory, your micro SD will not be touched, just use the option to "from settings, use this memory card on any vita", ignore the option to format your micro sd on startup and then, use that option and restart your vita, you will be fine) (so its no big deal after all!)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Z @ Zurdonx: there is a spammer