Hacking Vitamin never gives me the option to backup patches

archnachoofthepi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone shed some light on this issue? Every tutorial I see simply shows that Vitamin will offer you both options, but it never comes up for me. I've tried downloading but not installing the patch, I've tried installing the patch first, yet I only ever have the "Dump full game" option. Additionally, even if I were to let the patch install, Vitamin only says my game is 1.00 for the version.

I'm trying to dump from my purchased Vita cartridges. Any advice that can be offered would be much obliged; games like Gundam Breaker 3 and Silent Hill: Book of Memories really need those patches for lots of additional content. I'm using Vitamin 1.1 by the way. Thank you!

archnachoofthepi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right comfaithgenesisr, patch is what I meant. That's unfortunate; I'm concerned about using Vitamin on my main psn account. I primarily was hoping to use the Vitamin software for multiplayer; my friends are all pretty hardcore about only playing the one or two genres they're into so they're not going to pick up a Vita. Even if they did, they won't be willing to buy games like Lords of Apocalypse or God Eater. I thought this way I can at least backup the games to my spare Vita and get them to try something new.

Thank you for the information! Maybe we'll see being able to get patches from retail games in the next Vitamin update.

Last edited by archnachoofthepi,

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're right comfaithgenesisr, patch is what I meant. That's unfortunate; I'm concerned about using Vitamin on my main psn account. I primarily was hoping to use the Vitamin software for multiplayer; my friends are all pretty hardcore about only playing the one or two genres they're into so they're not going to pick up a Vita. Even if they did, they won't be willing to buy games like Lords of Apocalypse or God Eater. I thought this way I can at least backup the games to my spare Vita and get them to try something new.

Thank you for the information! Maybe we'll see being able to get patches from retail games in the next Vitamin update.
We won't, as the patches are stored in a different directory from the base game when working with a physical release, and therefore aren't decrypted when the base game is started through Vitamin. Just use the updates that others will be posting as soon as Vitamin 2.0 comes out. They aren't console-specific or locked to an account.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs