Hacking Vita with enzo but no vitashell

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@godreborn ,maybe it would take a firmware restore and an internal memory format,because i think the previous owner has messed up the whole PS Vita.

he can reinstall the firmware with qcma and its psv updates folder. that's what it's for. not sure about the same firmware unless it's possible through the recovery menu. he'd have to uninstall enso first which can be done with the installer. I've heard different things about whether or not a reinstall of the firmware is needed after uninstalling enso, so I'm not sure.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
he can reinstall the firmware with qcma and its psv updates folder. that's what it's for. not sure about the same firmware unless it's possible through the recovery menu. he'd have to uninstall enso first which can be done with the installer. I've heard different things about whether or not a reinstall of the firmware is needed after uninstalling enso, so I'm not sure.
@godreborn ,i think there is some file that has messed up everything or some folder has been deleted, so i suggested the restoration of the signature and the format of the internal memory,i solved it when i bricked to eliminate all the possible errors that were there.

Krakenfy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I paid 80$ for vita but it seems a lot of work will be required to make this work :) thank you all for proposals and trying to help me! I will go through proposed solutions and will share results asap.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to recreate the issue!

5c961a4c7919e82bfdc965df11ad42b4.jpg

I used YAMT

If you want the same issue, go to
Settings, Devices, Storage Devices

In here go to custom partitions
to make the problem, I go to ux0 and uma0 change "check if" to NO CHECK

Then you get the same problem

To fix, change them back

go to
Settings, Devices, Storage Devices

In here go to custom partitions and set

ux0 to SD2Vita is present
uma0 change to Memory Card is present

I couldn't get it to do this using storage manager but I bet it's possible.

If this doesn't solve the issue, Hold L1 to get internal storage back.
Then install vitashell.
Then go to ur0:/tai/config.txt and remove or comment out storage manager.
Then install YAMT (recommended) and configure storage.

Last edited by Anderxale,

tomberyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here are little steps you need to follow!

1.Up-Downgrade to FW 3.65 (Enzo 3.65 )
2.Instal Vita Shell with NeoGranzon Link above.
3.Instal Autoplugin*
4.Format your SD Card with "zzBlank.img"
5.Find the settings on AutoPlugin to activate Micro SD as main.

Follow my steps because
everything else is a waste of time;-)

Last edited by tomberyx,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if that is the problem above, you wouldn't have it with @Aurora Wright 's fork of yamt. it requires nothing by the user. it automatically puts sd2vita as ux0 and a memory card (only if it's inserted) as uma. it's all automatic. this is what I use.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wright is the dev beyond luma on the 3ds. use yamt lite if you can, almost no one needs the full version.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

tomberyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've heard conflicting reports about the zzblank. its purpose is to ensure that there's only one partition on the memory card. however, it's said that it's required. I don't know if that's true, but that's pretty much what it's doing when you flash it.

Just an Information!
If you have a faulty SD-Card or a Usb-Device which does not show the correct memory size or is not recognized, then it is time to try this tool to revive the devices. It (can)helps.

Last edited by tomberyx,
Reactions: godreborn

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if that is the problem above, you wouldn't have it with @Aurora Wright 's fork of yamt. it requires nothing by the user. it automatically puts sd2vita as ux0 and a memory card (only if it's inserted) as uma. it's all automatic. this is what I use.

Wright is the dev beyond luma on the 3ds. use yamt lite if you can, almost no one needs the full version.
The only advantage and reason I can think they may have set up this way is increased boot speed. Advanced settings for sure. I'm guessing that if they did do this - it was a mistake.

Bypassing the check to be sure a drive is installed. That check would revert a user to internal storage if not present.

I'm hoping it's the issue because if not, another option can be corrupt internal storage... :( Super rare

Last edited by Anderxale,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, I don't know about the original, but Wright's writes the plugin to boot_config.txt instead of config.txt, so it essentially becomes a part of enso. boot times and loading of games is almost instant.

upload_2021-9-13_15-31-25.png

as you can see, I have no sd2vita plugin in config.txt, but it's in boot_config.txt:

upload_2021-9-13_15-32-35.png

Reactions: NeoGranzon

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, I don't know about the original, but Wright's writes the plugin to boot_config.txt instead of config.txt, so it essentially becomes a part of enso. boot times and loading of games is almost instant.
Exactly.

YAMT is faster than Storage Manager.

And YAMT without safety checks is faster than YAMT

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s