Vita Will Allow Multiple PSN Accounts, Sony Says

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe

NEW YORK — Contrary to earlier reports, Sony told Wired.com Wednesday night that its upcoming PlayStation Vita handheld gaming system will not be limited to one online account per device.

Speaking to Wired.com at a press event in Manhattan, Sony associate brand marketing manager Crystal MacKenzie said that PlayStation Network accounts will be connected to the Vita’s proprietary memory cards, not the hardware itself. Though you will have to restore the Vita to its default factory settings in order to change the account on each memory card, you can use multiple cards to access multiple PSN accounts on a single Vita system.

“Your PSN ID is bonded to your memory card and your memory card is bonded to your Vita,” MacKenzie said. “So if you wanted to change different PSN users but use the same memory card, you would need to go factory reset.”

Customers will be able to swap cards to use different PSN IDs on the same system, MacKenzie said. If you have more than one memory card, you can register a different PlayStation Network account on each.

“You can also use them both on the same PSN account as well,” she said.

Earlier this week, a number of gaming websites reported that Sony would support only one PlayStation Network account per Vita system, disappointing many American fans who used alternative accounts to purchase European and Japanese games on Sony’s last handheld system, the PlayStation Portable.

Sony will release PlayStation Vita on February 22 in the U.S. It will retail for $250 (with Wi-Fi) and $300 (with Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity).

http://www.wired.com.../vita-accounts/
Ss9rt.gif
vbuih.png

Reactions: 2 people

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Lol so memory card stores PSN account, great way to force people to buy more cards if they share their Vitas with other PSN users (siblings that is) ;) No wonder the Vita was priced at $249.99. Sony played its cards well.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Lol so memory card stores PSN account, great way to force people to buy more cards if they share their Vitas with other PSN users (siblings that is) ;) No wonder the Vita was priced so low. Sony played its cards well.
why would you share a handheld.
A console I can understand but a handheld?

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Lol so memory card stores PSN account, great way to force people to buy more cards if they share their Vitas with other PSN users (siblings that is) ;) No wonder the Vita was priced so low. Sony played its cards well.
Not sure about there in UK, but I've seen many of my cousins & friends too sharing their PSPs among their siblings.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Not sure about there in UK, but I've seen many of my cousins & friends too sharing their PSPs among their siblings.
Did you just hint towards British people being selfish and not sharing?

Because we are.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Did you just hint towards British people being selfish and not sharing?

Because we are.
As long as you know it xD! *runs away*

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is just as bad. I don't really see a difference if you have to buy a new Memory Card every time you want to change your PSN, no wonder they made the prices on memory cards high as f*ck.
Can you share accounts between 3DS? This kind of thing could just as well be in front of everyone using a Nintendo console, if it was possible in the first place for them too.. I don't understand one thing in the first place. If people want to share a handheld, why not just use one PSN account? It's not like the issue is money if people are willing to buy the same content for multiple accounts (otherwise, why have multiple accounts?).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just as bad. I don't really see a difference if you have to buy a new Memory Card every time you want to change your PSN, no wonder they made the prices on memory cards high as f*ck.

Because buying a $30 memory card for a new PSN account is just as bad as buying another $250 Vita?

Really, if you have someone you're sharing the system with (which I don't see), having them buy a $30 card for their account plus a small bit of content isn't bad. Even then, to all the whiners, how many of you plan on sharing your handhelds with someone frequently enough that they would warrant needing their own PSN account on there?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The majority of dedicated EU users will probably want to have both EU and US (and possibly JP) accounts....the EU get's totally shafted for releases and prices so it's almost a pre-requisite if you like games. The main issue isn't the need for multiple memory sticks (which is admittedly irksome) but the constant need to continually utilise the factory reset. That isn't a good thing to continually do over and over.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if u have more than one memory card? who the hell is going to be doing that??? u might as well buy another vita while ur at it.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure this is better than the previous news that no-one really cared too much about, I mean it doesn't really make a difference that you have to buy a new memory card for each account previously it was only one account per system

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
this is worts so i have to buy more that one over price memorycard to be able to use murtiple psn accounts ?

No, you don't have to, you just need to click Factory Reset. You don't even lose save game data, you just reset the console. Why the hell would you even want to have two PSN accounts on one portable, why is that important? For Japanese DLC's sake? If you can afford JAP imports, SURELY you can afford 2 mem cards for 2 system files.

This is not a problem for the average Joe, this is a problem for typical collectors and cross-region maniacs that need JAP DLC. I've had a PSP for over a year now and not even once did I need to download anything off PSN that was not of my region.

By the way, aren't you a 3DS fanboy? Why are you posting here? It's not like you're credible anyways - if Sony promised to bundle golden bars with each Vita and give 95% of the income to charity you'd still be complaining about the weight of the box and the 5%, you can just as well not post at all.

Reactions: 1 person

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is worts so i have to buy more that one over price memorycard to be able to use murtiple psn accounts ?

No, you don't have to, you just need to click Factory Reset. You don't even lose save game data, you just reset the console. Why the hell would you even want to have two PSN accounts on one portable, why is that important? For Japanese DLC's sake? If you can afford JAP imports, SURELY you can afford 2 mem cards for 2 system files.

This is not a problem for the average Joe, this is a problem for typical collectors and cross-region maniacs that need JAP DLC. I've had a PSP for over a year now and not even once did I need to download anything off PSN that was not of my region.

By the way, aren't you a 3DS fanboy? Why are you posting here? It's not like you're credible anyways - if Sony promised to bundle golden bars with each Vita and give 95% of the income to charity you'd still be complaining about the weight of the box and the 5%, you can just as well not post at all.

first i am not a 3DS fanboy 2nd i post here cuz i am getting a vita

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I had the completely opposite impression last time we were having a pleasant conversation about it. You seem to rant and rag on the Vita on every possible occasion.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the completely opposite impression last time we were having a pleasant conversation about it. You seem to rant and rag on the Vita on every possible occasion.

the thing is i am not a blind fanboy if i see something wrong with something i say it same goes for 3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2