Hacking Vita update blocker how long will it work?

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just realizd that this existed, and I also realized that it is pretty neato, has this thing always been working. I obviously am ot gong to update to 3.52 I already as forced to go to 3.51 and no homebrew to show for it yet.

D

Deleted-355425

about 1 week, you can only use it for that week or so if you have the previous to the new firmware being released.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if the update blocker still lets you download game updates? Or are they one of the same bullshit that you must be connected to psn?

D

Deleted-355425

if you use updateblocker sooner rather then later you can access everything you normally would if you were on the current firmware,

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any tool to get game updates at all? Because I don't have a ton of ash on me righ tnow and was putting off buying a few games but I know for example borderlands 2 was buggy as hell at launch and I'm sure that the other games I was lokoing at wil be the same.

I got the bl2 bundle vita because it was 20$ cheaper than the standard one.

I've not had a crash yet(knock on wood)

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can grab updates from a ps3 when you transfer games over
Yeah but then, you have to still be online. So I was only able to do the updates atm by using the vita update proxy. So that's the sole option and yes this is obviously only psn games. and so far on my list only one is psn only which sucks since I wanted physical but I guess I'm going to have to make do.

Since supposedly I onlyhave one week, and I nly have a 8GB card. I'm backing up bl2 on the pc, then xfering the other games I already had on cross buy to my psv. Andthen backing up those, and then finally xferring the one game I got.

It's Strike Force Delta.

The original game is apparently buggy and lacking in fun so I did it digital even though I said I'd never do digital if I had a choice.

But thankfully it wasn't much more than the physical game atm.

I don't know if it's part of the sale(s) or not but 18$ is about what a used copy was going for of the original game.

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have the update files for firmware 3.51? I wanna update to download some games but I don't wanna miss the Rejuvenate exploit. Zload is down and I can't find them anywhere else.

D

Deleted-355425

Yeah but then, you have to still be online. So I was only able to do the updates atm by using the vita update proxy. So that's the sole option and yes this is obviously only psn games. and so far on my list only one is psn only which sucks since I wanted physical but I guess I'm going to have to make do.

Since supposedly I onlyhave one week, and I nly have a 8GB card. I'm backing up bl2 on the pc, then xfering the other games I already had on cross buy to my psv. Andthen backing up those, and then finally xferring the one game I got.

It's Strike Force Delta.

The original game is apparently buggy and lacking in fun so I did it digital even though I said I'd never do digital if I had a choice.

But thankfully it wasn't much more than the physical game atm.

I don't know if it's part of the sale(s) or not but 18$ is about what a used copy was going for of the original game.

you can transfer any files from the ps3 to your vita without updating your vita, use the opencma cable trick to do this.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where's this opencma cable trick at? I know of opencma on the pc but didn't know it existed on the ps3. Als omine is on OFW since I got a super slim and there's no real hacking of it atm.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, all you do is run vita update blocker and do the spoof
then connect to the vita to QCMA via USB on your PC
then pull the usb cable out (leave the other side still attached to the vita) and connect it to the PS3
it will not ask to update the vita and you can transfer games over
I transferred all my psn+ games to my 3.35 vita via that method last week

the PS3 does not have to be hacked or anything

also note, your vita needs to be activated with your psn account first before you can run any content

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloading game updates does not require PSN access so no need for a proxy there, Now if the update itself wants a higher firmware to run the game then you are out of luck but yea.

Oh and for that CMA trick you don't need to run the spoofer, connecting to QCMA or OCMA is enough.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well one game that doesn't work with fw spoof is toro's friend network which is where i met some of my new psn friends but since it's dying in 2 days I guess I can deal with losing out on the lst week.

D

Deleted-355425

My Vita is on 3.20, can i use this tool?

Vita TV? That's the only system that has 3.20, and no you can't, it only works if you are on the provious firmware from the release of the new current one. Even then it only works for around a week.

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello mech,

no. Not Vita TV, a "regular" PS Vita. I'am the guy with the japanese Mercury Duo Vita 2000 model, you've helped me a lot a few month ago. ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/got-3-20-vita-2000-today.375347/ ) Thanks again! The Vita had 3.20 when i got it, i never updated. I recently read about the dev-tool update topic, but i decided to stay on 3.20. Should i update? It's hard to stay up-to-date with the vita news...

D

Deleted-355425

Hello mech,

no. Not Vita TV, a "regular" PS Vita. I'am the guy with the japanese Mercury Duo Vita 2000 model, you've helped me a lot a few month ago. ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/got-3-20-vita-2000-today.375347/ ) Thanks again! The Vita had 3.20 when i got it, i never updated. I recently read about the dev-tool update topic, but i decided to stay on 3.20. Should i update? It's hard to stay up-to-date with the vita news...

oh wow that's a cool firmware, it stay on that and look into the rejuvenate hack via unity sdk vita software, its drm free and you can use pkg installer to install it. the things in beta at the mo but native homebrew will follow on from it!

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
Is anyone still able to use this?
Doesn't seem to work for me anymore, worked just fine a couple days ago.
My version is 3.51.

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
look into the rejuvenate hack via unity sdk vita software, its drm free and you can use pkg installer to install it. the things in beta at the mo but native homebrew will follow on from it!

As much as i understand: Don't update to 3.52. All right, Sir! What software (VITA/PC) do i need to use this hack, can i still get it?

Is anyone still able to use this?
Doesn't seem to work for me anymore, worked just fine a couple days ago.
My version is 3.51.

No, i read today that Sony has modified the way the Vita connects thru a proxy, i guess the tool is useless now.

Reactions: Varia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt