Gaming Vita Slim coming to the US, $199 inc. Borderlands 2 & 8GB memory card

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't the slim Vita have a user replaceable battery? That was one of the great features of the PSP. You could go out and spend 40 dollars or so and get a ten hour battery. For the same price as the original Vita all I would get, excluding the included memory card, is slightly better battery life and a bit lighter unit.
Can't you go out, spend 40 dollars or so, and get a ten hour battery that charges USB devices? First thing that showed on google when I searched "USB battery": http://www.monoprice.com/Product?seq=1&format=2&p_id=9531&CAWELAID=1642113638&catargetid=320013720000011081&cadevice=c&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CK_Vj5TkyLwCFZFrfgodLHsA7Q
Not only will it charge your Vita, but practically every other mobile device.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To hop on the "which is the best Screen" Train I add a question ^^

I thought they allways sayd AMOLED was the best out of all a few years back and now there is even Super AMOLED HD which some smartphones use and which really has an in my opinion awesome Quality,
so why "downgrading" back to LCD or OLED ? dunno if i missed something but for me that doesn't really make much sence.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

I thought they allways sayd AMOLED was the best out of all a few years back and now there is even Super AMOLED HD which some smartphones use and which really has an in my opinion awesome Quality,
so why "downgrading" back to LCD or OLED ? dunno if i missed something but for me that doesn't really make much sence.

It's mostly because it's cheaper, smaller, and has smaller battery consumption.

If you can't decide which one you want, ask yourself whether you're willing to sacrifice screen quality for a micro USB charger, an extra hour of play time, and 1GB of onboard storage that's pretty useless besides using it for saves.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country

Amoled and oled are mostly used by Samsung?
Also the oled screen on the vita is a cheap version with vertical lines and a few other oled sickness. Comparing my old Samsung galaxy s2 to the vita and the oled on the vita is many times worse sadly. Someone else on reddit also tested with other oled screen and also came to the conclusion that the vitas oled screen is a really cheap one.
Also LCD technology is cheaper, easier to make, less diseases and at least double the oled versions life length. After trying my friends slim I ordered one 3 days later myself and on Tuesday I'm meeting up with someone that's buying my original one.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love that the Vita is finally competitively priced. If you think about how much you are getting the Vita for in the Bundle.
Yup. It's the same price as the 3DS XL and it gives you a game voucher and a 8GB memory card. The XL is just bigger and comes with a 4GB SD card. Great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end