MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Vita+E3+Price+drop.png

A guy from VGI claims the he received an email from a Sony editor saying that at E3 Sony will announce a pricedrop for the PSVita. He claims the the Pricedrop is only for the Wi-Fi model and that Sony want to mimic Nintendo's sucessful 3DS pricedrop.

Source

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Oh.

But I'd rather they package a 4GB card with the console at the same price.

However, I doubt this. Kaz himself says that he wasn't hopeful of a price drop, but he wants to rely on software.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There was some talk of a supposed temporary price drop (€50), but it wasn't sure whether it was global, Europe-only, or limited to France (there were conflicting rumors).

We'll see.

EDIT: supposed €50 rebate for a limited time, France only. Not sure if this is related.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You know what else needs a price drop? The memory cards
Those damned memory cards, they charge an outrageous $30 for an 8gb right now when SD cards have long since dropped below $10 easily.

Also how big of a pricedrop we talking? They probably won't be able to compete with the $80 price drop of the 3DS.

Reactions: 2 people

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Those damned memory cards, they charge an outrageous $30 for an 8gb right now when SD cards have long since dropped below $10 easily.

Also how big of a pricedrop we talking? They probably won't be able to compete with the $80 price drop of the 3DS.
If you click on the link and read the news you'll find this

"At E3 Sony plans to announce the sales figures of the Vita, which currently are below target, but off to a great start. The next move by Sony is to mimic the success Nintendo have had with the 3DS, by offering a reduction of £80 on the wi-fi version of Vita, in a bid to meet it's interal targets."

Lazy people... -_-

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

"At E3 Sony plans to announce the sales figures of the Vita, which currently are below target, but off to a great start. The next move by Sony is to mimic the success Nintendo have had with the 3DS, by offering a reduction of £80 on the wi-fi version of Vita, in a bid to meet it's interal targets."

Lazy people... -_-
Hey, I could just as easily call you lazy for not writing up these details in your own words.
You share that there may be a price drop and don't even give an estimated figure from the article you're sourcing?

Niwlav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They better stop production now and cut the heavy losses in the future.

Concentrate on consoles, they will do much better, I believe.

Reactions: 1 person

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

Lazy people... -_-
Hey, I could just as easily call you lazy for not writing up these details in your own words.
You share that there may be a price drop and don't even give an estimated figure from the article you're sourcing?
I linked to the source...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Each Vita sold makes a loss. Yeah the cards cost way too much but that's because they need to make it loss back along with the game sales.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Each Vita sold makes a loss. Yeah the cards cost way too much but that's because they need to make it loss back along with the game sales.
Indeed, I think the whole problem is that they tried to make it too powerful of a system as it's just handheld.
I mean you don't have to try and make a profit out of the actual hardware but at least try to break even. The memory cards being the way they are can be viewed as plain old greed, with current prices of flash storage media.

You have any idea how expensive and fragile OLED screens are? You know how much processing power it takes a handheld to render at the Vita's screen resolution?
I think it's all a case of too soon. 3DS caught up with the PSP and it's doing great since that hardware is more affordable and more practical for handheld systems now.

Then forgive me for assuming that somebody in USN would try to share the story in detail.
You think it flies that in day to day conversation that you talk about a small bit of a story, then tell people to go read the rest of the key parts themselves? Nuh-uh.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If it's a real price cut give me a fucking manditory card with it because:

Requiring a piece of extra NON INCLUDED hardware to run a handheld is like raising the price of a device without raising the price of a device....and Sony knows this.

no USA price cut?...*looks at the bottom of his signature*

yeah, I think that still stands.

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

Indeed, I think the whole problem is that they tried to make it too powerful of a system as it's just handheld.
I mean you don't have to try and make a profit out of the actual hardware but at least try to break even. The memory cards being the way they are can be viewed as plain old greed, with current prices of flash storage media.

You have any idea how expensive and fragile OLED screens are? You know how much processing power it takes a handheld to render at the Vita's screen resolution?
I think it's all a case of too soon. 3DS caught up with the PSP and it's doing great since that hardware is more affordable and more practical for handheld systems now.

Developers demand power

Then forgive me for assuming that somebody in USN would try to share the story in detail.
You think it flies that in day to day conversation that you talk about a small bit of a story, then tell people to go read the rest of the key parts themselves? Nuh-uh.

Thats how it works I'm not the source

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should have not bothered with the back touch thingies to reduce costs.

I don't think its too powerful, its the right amount of a step up after the PSP and also it needed to be more powerful (not just graphically but in other things) than the 3DS otherwise it wouldn't really have much else to say for itself other than being Sony's new handheld.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

I don't think its too powerful, its the right amount of a step up after the PSP and also it needed to be more powerful (not just graphically but in other things) than the 3DS otherwise it wouldn't really have much else to say for itself other than being Sony's new handheld.
The Vita has a quad core CPU plus quad core GPU which are severely underpowered to save battery. I remember Sony themselves claiming that the Vita can be just as powerful as the PS3, just that the battery will be gone in less than 5 minutes and all other issues like overheating.

It's actually really really powerful.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

The Vita has a quad core CPU plus quad core GPU which are severely underpowered to save battery. I remember Sony themselves claiming that the Vita can be just as powerful as the PS3, just that the battery will be gone in less than 5 minutes.

It's actually really really powerful.
lol no PS3 CPU was a beast. There's no challenge at all.

To save on production cost, maybe they capped the chips at 1Ghz instead of 2Ghz. So no access to 2Ghz at all even if hacked. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night