Hacking Vita not playing my legal games? (upgrade from h-encore 3.65 to 3.69/70 ofw)

JigoKuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I just bought a PS Vita Slim. It is simply wonderful and I totally fell in love with it. Unfortunately I detected that I can't use a majority of my games (both physical and digital games are affected), because right after I start them, I got error code C2-12828.

All right, I did my research and tried all tips the internet could offer (all kind of formatting, database rebuilt etc.), but nothing helps.

The truth is, this Slim used 3.65 H-encore as the previous owner told me, but I removed it. (Okay, I know that no normal person would do that. But I just wanted a simple, ofw Vita like my previous fat model was and that is why I uninstalled h-encore and every hack from the Vita. Stupid me. T---T)
I didn't put my memory card or any of my game cartridges into the console while it was using Hencore. I didn't even log into my PSN. I removed/uninstalled H-encore (the previous owner told me how to do it), made a full factory reset, formatted its 1GB internal memory. Then when it ran on OFW, I updated to the current firmware and then log into my PSN and put my game cards into it.

Now I basicly have a Vita running on 3.70 OFW and I can't play part of my (legally purchased) games.
The affected games are: Period Cube Shackles of Amadeus (physical copy), Amnesia: Memories (digital copy), Caligula Effect (digital copy)
I feel super frustrated and I am afraid of buying any new games because the last two games I bought (Period Cube and Caligula Effect) can't be played on my Vita due to this error code.

Could this previously installed (and then uninstalled) H-encore be the reason that my console didn't play my games? Or if you have any ideas, I would really appreciate all the help I can get!
(I think my problem might be related to h-encore so I made this post in the hacks topic/theme. Hope I didn't do it wrong. :/)

- A really desperate Vita lover

Last edited by JigoKuu,

Sabil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think the only solution is waiting a few months for 3.70 hack

If you wanted to prevent this in the future:
1. Downgrade to 3.60
2. Install Firmware Reinstaller
3. Now you will stay on 3.60 Forever

Reactions: JigoKuu

JigoKuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I think the only solution is waiting a few months for 3.70 hack

If you wanted to prevent this in the future:
1. Downgrade to 3.60
2. Install Firmware Reinstaller
3. Now you will stay on 3.60 Forever

I don't mind waiting for a few months for a new hack if that can help me play my games! I do hope that new hack can solve my problem. :( If only I hadn't uninstalled h-encore... I didn't know something like this can happen. I feel super dumb right now.

Thank you for the tips, I will do so when I can! Definitely not want to experience anything similar like this. :(

Hayato213: Feel free to write what you wanted!^^ Maybe someone in similar situation can use your information. :D

Last edited by JigoKuu,

AbuderaJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guy, it's seems yours games are deactivates.
If you are in a 3.70 ofw, go to your psn account in psn setting in vita and deactive your device in Game category.
Reboot and do the same thing but activate to generate your act.dat (licence file).

JigoKuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi guy, it's seems yours games are deactivates.
If you are in a 3.70 ofw, go to your psn account in psn setting in vita and deactive your device in Game category.
Reboot and do the same thing but activate to generate your act.dat (licence file).

I haven't tried that (not even thought about that lol) but now I also think my problem might be related to my license as you said! Thank you for the help, when I go home I will try this and keep you updated whether it helped or not. :D

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How ironic... You updated to OFW and now you can't play legit games. That asks us to pirate madly than ever before lmfao!

I can't comprehend why you uninstalled 3.65, that's one of two most popular FW and when I was searching to secondhand Vita's, my first question was "which FW is installed?" lol. And not only that, you can still progress on your savegames when moving to other Vita as they are attached to your PSN. I tested it with my DBZ Battle of Z savegame. Have 4 Vita's here, 3x 3.65 and 1x 3.70 when I saw the news it's coming for 3.70 to downgrade.

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Damn, it makes zero sense why you still can't play legal games on legal FW.
If really nothing works, then the only solution is to wait for Hencore for 3.70 or a way to downgrade to 3.60/3.65 and install Hencore on it and spoof it to 3.70 so you can still login connecting to PSN and play your games.

JigoKuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yeah, it is super strange. I mean why I can play Persona 4 Golden, but not Caligula Effect? .____. I have simply no idea what may cause something like this. In the worst case, the new hack can help me. But I would feel better if I could figure out what is wrong. :/

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, it is super strange. I mean why I can play Persona 4 Golden, but not Caligula Effect? .____. I have simply no idea what may cause something like this. In the worst case, the new hack can help me. But I would feel better if I could figure out what is wrong. :/
As it turns out now, maybe 3.70 doesn't support some games? Or someone with 3.70 can test it with Caligula Effect.

AbuderaJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think this is the cause. I think about corrupted data.
C2-12828 is an error I has and the only solution is to format memory card or delete and redownload games.

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, now I remember the errorcode. I had that too when messing with my savegame and after reinstalling the game or deleting the savegame, it works. Mayb you can try that.

Reactions: AbuderaJ

JigoKuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have a 16 GB memory card, I usually use that. It is about a year old, I bought it brand new from Japan when my previous 8GB card started to behave strangely.

I tried to delete and redownload the problematic games several times, I also tried reformatting my memory card and internal storage, rebuild database and also restoring factory settings several times in different order/combo. And I don't think it is a 3.70 problem, I had this error code before upgrading from 3.69 to 3.70 as well. :(

Caligula Effect is the newest game I bought and I have no save data to it because I can't even start the application (I always get the error code). :(

Last edited by JigoKuu,

AbuderaJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, in order :
  1. deactivate your vita
  2. format memory card
  3. format internat memory
  4. restore factory
  5. sign in psn
  6. activate games
  7. download one game only to test in internal mem
  8. try it
  9. If this one work, insert your memory card and reboot vita
  10. finally, copy the game in memory card and try it.
  11. If this work, keep download all yours games.
If games not work, your vita need to force reinstall 3.70 ofw.

JigoKuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So, in order :
  1. deactivate your vita
  2. format memory card
  3. format internat memory
  4. restore factory
  5. sign in psn
  6. activate games
  7. download one game only to test in internal mem
  8. try it
  9. If this one work, insert your memory card and reboot vita
  10. finally, copy the game in memory card and try it.
  11. If this work, keep download all yours games.
If games not work, your vita need to force reinstall 3.70 ofw.

I did as you wrote, I followed every step exactly but the problematic game I tried still doesn't work. :(

How can I force to reinstall 3.70?

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried to delete and redownload the problematic games several times, I also tried reformatting my memory card and internal storage, rebuild database and also restoring factory settings several times in different order/combo. And I don't think it is a 3.70 problem, I had this error code before upgrading from 3.69 to 3.70 as well. :(

Caligula Effect is the newest game I bought and I have no save data to it because I can't even start the application (I always get the error code). :(

I suspect the Vita is deactivated from playing games on your account, format the device but do NOT login (you can skip on initial setup), just try the physical game cart that you have without being logged into your account.

JigoKuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I suspect the Vita is deactivated from playing games on your account, format the device but do NOT login (you can skip on initial setup), just try the physical game cart that you have without being logged into your account.

Okay, something must be really wrong with my Vita. I tried to do as you said, but the Vita didn't start my physical Period:Cube game... I only got the error code again. .___.

Sabil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Last edited by Sabil,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users