Hardware Vita ministicks Japan vs. USA?

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard the Japanese Vita launched with lower quality ministicks than in the west. Am i the only onewho remembers that? i cant find a link atm.

Did they ever fix this do you think, or do all Japanese 1000s still have the launch version?

Basically I just want a 2000 Vita but I want to be sure the ministicks won't be inferior to the US version. Is there any comparison between 2000 vita sticks and USA 1000 sticks?

I will look up unboxing/comparison articles in the meantime and see what they say.

EDIT: joystiq and engadget both updated their review of the launch 1000 when the american version came out, and neither review mentions any changes in the sticks. I guess I was mistaken?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've got a PSVita 1000 version from the States (White WiFI), and I can say that the sticks are good. Better than I expected. If there ever was some kind of quality problem with the Japanese PSVitas, they'll be fixed with the 2000 and probably the 1000s after the first batch. Sony usually fixes possible problems relatively fast, at least from my experience.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There are no hardware differences whatsoever regardless of the region. The only difference there is concerns 3G on 3G-enabled systems - some are SIM locked and some aren't, but that's a matter of software.

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I bought mine in Thailand but seems to be imported from Hongkong.
I'm unsure if they get any other version than the Japanese one i Asia, anyways, i haven't had any problems with my sticks.

Except being lower quality, were there some problems being expected out of that?
I have to compare mine with one bought here in Sweden, otherwise I'm really pleased with the feel of the ministicks, very smooth and nice, wouldn't have hurt if they where concave though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end