Hardware Vita keeps turning on and off and booting into Safe Mode

Deleted member 386356

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a second hand Vita a week ago and it was fine, i left it on my desk powered completely off since i'm waiting for the memory card to ship in.

Until last night, the console kept turning itself on and off, and i'm not sure why it was doing that. When i try to shut it off, it just wouldn't let me cause the screen kept flickering on and off.

Sometimes while doing this it would boot into Safe Mode, i would hit "Restart the System" and the problem still occurs.

The only info i can find online is this video which is exactly what's happening to my system:

While i left it doing this all night, this morning it has stopped doing it, but i'm not sure if it stopped for good. So is there any way to prevent this from happening again? What exactly is causing this?

I was told by someone it might be the battery, but that's not the case, as it still does the same thing while charging. I also found that it might be the blue flashing light of death, but i also think its unrelated. Also im running on version 3.60

EDIT: Turns out it was the battery, i used the BatteryFixer homebrew app and problem solved.

Last edited by Deleted member 386356,
Reactions: The_Dizzy_Vizzy

PirataGu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine aswell right now... I was sleeping and my vita is usually on a desk in my bedroom... When I woke up in the middle of the night (minutes ago) I saw my vita on and I was freaking scared and then turned off... Thanks to let me know that this is not just happening to me... I thought it was out of charge so I went to charge him... Then everything was fine when I realised that my turn off and on button wasn't working and my PS button too... It is so strange...

Last edited by PirataGu,

westicles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Die you ever find a fix? I'm experiencing this problem too
Post automatically merged:

Did you ever find a solution? I am too currently experiencing this problem

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Die you ever find a fix? I'm experiencing this problem too

Did you ever find a solution? I am too currently experiencing this problem
how did you solve that problem please i need help

I think it's best you both describe your problem. Because the OP has :-

EDIT: Turns out it was the battery, i used the BatteryFixer homebrew app and problem solved.

At the end.

• Love
Reactions: Sieur

Sieur

Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
because when i go to battery fixer it is not still working and my ps and power button are not working please for help

Sieur

Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
i thing it is a software problem because sometimes my ps vita is working perfectly but for few monents and now it turn off alone and after i turn it on the problem still occurs and sometime the ps vita also boot me to safe mode where i hit the restart buttons and the problems still occurs.edit i turn on my ps vita by pressing ps buttons and sometime the power button and power button and ps button stop function and ps button just to turn on the ps vita please i do not have much money to repair it help and need help early

i also try to format the system

please i need help quickly

Last edited by Sieur,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.