Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
>People complain Vita isn't getting enough games
>Sony announces there'll be more than 100 games for the Vita this year
>People say "BUT THEY'LL BE BAD"

God why do I use this site. They could hand you games on a silver platter and people here would complain it's not gold.
GBATemp.

That is all. :P

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

God why do I use this site. They could hand you games on a silver platter and people here would complain it's not gold.
If people bought a gaming system based only in the quantity of games, they would all use Android... But I think Vita's future will get brighter, at least the price drop in Japan was very effective

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If people bought a gaming system based only in the quantity of games, they would all use Android... But I think Vita's future will get brighter, at least the price drop in Japan was very effective
Bet you a million bucks there's more Android-based devices users than 3DS and PSVita users put together.

As for the price drop, you could already get the PSVita for that cheap or even cheaper in some stores but it was certainly a massive push for the system. It's human psychology to jump on products just because "the price was cut", that's how promotions work. It doesn't have to be a great value deal, it's "X% off, ergo fantastic!".

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country

I'd like a few names, at least. My Vita purchases of the year are basically Soul Sacrifice, Muramasa Rebirth and maybe FFX if it actually comes out this year. I'd like to think there are more than three games Sony is trying to sell me over the next nine months, y'know? I might not like my Vita as much as my 3DS but that's primarily because it has three games in the next month that I want to buy (Fire Emblem, Weegie's Mansion and Devil Survivor Overclocked).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'd like a few names, at least. My Vita purchases of the year are basically Soul Sacrifice, Muramasa Rebirth and maybe FFX if it actually comes out this year. I'd like to think there are more than three games Sony is trying to sell me over the next nine months, y'know? I might not like my Vita as much as my 3DS but that's primarily because it has three games in the next month that I want to buy (Fire Emblem, Weegie's Mansion and Devil Survivor Overclocked).
Y'know, there's also:
  • Persona 4: Golden
  • Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
  • Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
  • Atelier Totori Plus
  • Demon Gaze (Coming Soon?)
  • Malicious: Rebirth
  • Phantasy Star Online 2 (Coming Soon?)
  • Ragnarok Odyssey
  • Valhalla Knights 3 (Coming Soon?)
  • Ys: Memories of Celceta (Coming Soon?)
...and others, but judging from the fact that the games you mentioned are weaboo, I only enumerated the weaboo games that come to my mind available for the system. You're not really short on titles to buy this year.

Users or gamers? If you're not talking about people who use Android exclusively for games then you're counting the wrong people.
Smartphones are mostly used by relatively young users and relatively young users enjoy a quick and casual game every now and then and that counts, so my point stands. Even if only half of the Android devices owners game, it's still more than all the 3DS and PSVita owners put together - the estimated number of all Android-powered devices in use worldwide is 250 million and 700,000 new devices are activated each day on average (number straight from Google's CEO Larry Page).

D

Deleted_171835

Y'know, there's also:
  • Atelier Totori Plus
  • Ragnarok Odyssey
...and others, but judging from the fact that the games you mentioned are weaboo, I only enumerated the weaboo games that come to my mind available for the system. You're not really short on titles to buy this year.
I got to agree with Wintrale. I love my Vita for the sexy OLED beast that it is but there has been a serious drought of games over the past couple of months (even the hardcore Vita faithful will admit that) with the upcoming games being ports of stuff I've already played or random super niche Japanese games. It makes sense to be a little bit skeptical when 100+ games are suddenly confirmed to be coming.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I got to agree with Wintrale. I love my Vita for the sexy OLED beast that it is but there has been a serious drought of games over the past couple of months (even the hardcore Vita faithful will admit that) with the upcoming games being ports of stuff I've already played or random super niche Japanese games. It makes sense to be a little bit skeptical when 100+ games are suddenly confirmed to be coming.
Have you considered the possibility that after the big february "boom" with the PS4 Sony wants to continue its stride and make another big "boom" on E3 by announcing loads of stuff for both systems? Because that'd be a good occasion to do so and could be a good reason to keep quiet about the titles.
(...) However Don Corleone Mesa, Director of Product Planning and Platform Software Innovation (yes, that's a real title) at Sony (...)
I just noticed that. I genuinely smiled and shook my head.

PpugqL6.png

Reactions: Guild McCommunist
D

Deleted_171835

Have you considered the possibility that after the big february "boom" with the PS4 Sony wants to continue on and make another big "boom" on E3 by announcing loads of stuff for both systems? Because that'd be a good occasion to do so and could be a good reason to keep quiet about the titles until then.
We already had E3, TGS, Gamescom and two "Vita Game Heaven" events pass by, how long are we supposed to wait?

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Y'know, there's also:
  • Atelier Totori Plus
  • Ragnarok Odyssey

Er... Several of those games are already out, so if I wanted them I would have bought them already (I already own the top three on your list, but have no interest in Ragnarok Odyssey since the demo sucked, as an example). I was talking about games not yet out that have confirmed Western releases - which counts out Phantasy Star Online 2, Demon Gaze and Malicious Rebirth. And no, I'm not only interested in "weeaboo" games. The only confirmed Western game being released on the Vita this year is Killzone: Mercenaries and, if Burning Skies and Declassified are anything to go by, the Vita clearly is not a good console to buy FPS games on.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We already had E3, TGS, Gamescom and two "Vita Game Heaven" events pass by, how long are we supposed to wait?
...Till The Don thinks the time is right... B-)

(...) if Burning Skies and Declassified are anything to go by, the Vita clearly is not a good console to buy FPS games on.
Two games made by Nihilistic, moreover, two games that were made in a rush. That's like saying that all FPS'es are junk because some of'em were poor.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games that would get me to spend money on a Vita, would have to be good versions of some of my PS2 favorites. Tekken Tag or Tekken 4-6, Twisted Metal Black, Dragon Quest VIII, Katamari, Gran Turismo.... Throw in a new Contra and Gradius for good measure.

Hell if there was a great version of Gran Turismo that alone would make me buy a Vita, I would have already owned a PSP but I waited to see how the Gran Turismo PSP would be and by the time it finally came out I owned like 4 DS's a ton of games and some flash carts. To make things worse I heard that the PSP version was pretty bad. (no car modding.)

Edit: I would also like a new version of Road Rash like they made for the 3DO or PS1 and Saturn... That is if EA doesn't get attacked by angry gamer's sporting torches and pitch forks.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The games that would get me to spend money on a Vita, would have to be good versions of some of my PS2 favorites. Tekken Tag or Tekken 4-6, Twisted Metal Black, Dragon Quest VIII, Katamari, Gran Turismo.... Throw in a new Contra and Gradius for good measure.
You mean this...?

q1MWgNU.jpg

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean this...?

q1MWgNU.jpg

Well one down and a few to go. lol Have you played it? As a reference did you play the PS2 games? If you haven't played the PS2 games go go go play them now! lol

Edit: What I mean by have you played the PS2 ones and this Vita version is how do they compare? I tried the PS3 demo and it just didn't feel right compared to the PS2 ones.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well one down and a few to go. lol Have you played it? As a reference did you play the PS2 games? If you haven't played the PS2 games go go go play them now! lol
Unfortunately my completely genuine ( :creep: ) PS2 version freezes, I need to get hold of a different, also completely genuine release of it but I just might end up getting the PSVita version, simply because y'know, you can actually touch the Katamari this time around. :P

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt