Vita getting "more than 100" games this year

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately my completely genuine ( :creep: ) PS2 version freezes, I need to get hold of a different, also completely genuine release of it but I just might end up getting the PSVita version, simply because y'know, you can actually touch the Katamari this time around. :P

I own the US first one and I couldn't wait to play the second one so I actually imported the Japanese version... It's honestly the only import I have ever done. I do own some other import games but those I bought at thrift stores.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I own the US first one and I couldn't wait to play the second one so I actually imported the Japanese version... It's honestly the only import I have ever done. I do own some other import games but those I bought at thrift stores.
I like your enthusiasm. You now have a reason to buy a PSVita.

Go, go and become enlightened! We shall await your arrival at the Cool Clubhouse on the Cool Tree! We'll have Cool KoolAid and snacks. Trust me, it'll be cool. B-)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I know! Sony never supports their own systems!
Sony doesn't have to keep its systems on life support with a constant steam of first-party - they have third-party coders willing to release software on their platforms. They've always had. Unlike some other companies. :tpi:

//trole2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know! Sony never supports their own systems!
Right. It's quite strange. Sony did no shit to Vita (even though that's their latest system). They had a bit, but than it got dead a while later. It became dead, for a 8========================D(long) time. Afterwards, that game price cut raises the Vita's sales, and suddenly they decide to produce more than 100 games?
EDIT:
Sony doesn't have to keep its systems on life support with a constant steam of first-party - they have third-party coders willing to release software on their platforms. They've always had. Unlike some other companies. :tpi:

//trole2013
Yes, but he must be referring to the third party coders, too.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smartphones are mostly used by relatively young users and relatively young users enjoy a quick and casual game every now and then and that counts, so my point stands. Even if only half of the Android devices owners game, it's still more than all the 3DS and PSVita owners put together - the estimated number of all Android-powered devices in use worldwide is 250 million and 700,000 new devices are activated each day on average (number straight from Google's CEO Larry Page).
No, I mean people who only use them for games. Like not as phones.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>People complain Vita isn't getting enough games
>Sony announces there'll be more than 100 games for the Vita this year
>People say "BUT THEY'LL BE BAD"

God why do I use this site. They could hand you games on a silver platter and people here would complain it's not gold.
like I said before and you chose to ignore it:
since when do gamers ask for ports, remakes, virtual console and shovel ware?

this is just a P.R. move that was not meant for gamers...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, I mean people who only use them for games. Like not as phones.
I don't only use my PSVita for games, I also browse the web, watch YouTube and send PSN messages to my friends with it - does it mean that I'm not using it as a handheld console?

like I said before and you chose to ignore it:
since when do gamers ask for ports, remakes, virtual console and shovel ware?

this is just a P.R. move that was not meant for gamers...
Why are you assuming things? We don't know any of those mythical "100" games so they could be anything.

Besides, you say that, and yet everybody seems to be joyful about LoZ: OoT3D, MGS HD Collection, MGS3D, StarFox3D and other remakes/ports, not to mention the Ambassador's GBA VC games which appear to be an object of great desire - I do believe your point is moot.

Reactions: Guild McCommunist

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't only use my PSVita for games, I also browse the web, watch YouTube and send PSN messages to my friends with it - does it mean that I'm not using it as a handheld console?

COMPUTER COMPUTER COMPUTER! SOMEONE CALL THE TAX OFFICE! IT'S A COMPUTER NOT A GAMING SYSTEM! GET THOSE TAXES DEDUCTED!

But would you buy a Vita on the strength of those non-gaming features? I think that's more relevant as lots of people buy smart phones and use them all the time yet never game on them.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But would you buy a Vita on the strength of those non-gaming features?
I bought the 3G PSVita specifically to use those features on the go in addition to gaming but I wouldn't buy the system if not for the games, and here we touch upon a relevant subject - foci. With video game consoles the focus is obviously "video games", with smartphones, tablets and whatnot it's "a portable computer experience" - this doesn't mean that either can't have the funtions of one another, it's a difference of emphasis.

I think that's more relevant as lots of people buy smart phones and use them all the time yet never game on them.
Of course, which is why I'm not saying all 250-odd million Android users use their phones for gaming just like not every PSVita owner uses their console to browse the web, watch YouTube or listen to audiobooks like I do - that however doesn't negate the fact that a lot of Android users do game on their devices.

In fact, I know a lot of Android users who jump from one generation of handsets to the next specifically for the better specs thanks to which they'll be able to play newer games.

Reactions: xist

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
and here we touch upon a relevant subject - foci. With video game consoles the focus is obviously "video games", with smartphones, tablets and whatnot it's "a portable computer experience" - this doesn't mean that either can't have the funtions of one another, it's a difference of emphasis.

You basically nailed it with this sentence....there's little else to say that you don't encompass with that point, which makes your summation ultimate. I'm taking credit for leading you up to it though! :D

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You basically nailed it with this sentence....there's little else to say that you don't encompass with that point, which makes your summation ultimate. I'm taking credit for leading you up to it though! :D
Truly I R GENIOUZE, I know, I know... The praise is well-deserved, continue to worship me... :tpi:

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sony doesn't have to keep its systems on life support with a constant steam of first-party - they have third-party coders willing to release software on their platforms. They've always had. Unlike some other companies.

//trole2013

If we consider alone the home consoles ever made by Sony, you're completely right(oh the irony :P ).
PSVita is getting popular on japan and may get 100 games, now let's look at WiiU.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
100 games and 70-80 of them will be Japan only, also we don't know if all 100 are Vita games or will there be PS1 classics mixed in. Oh well can't complain since there will be something out of those 70-80 that I want to import.

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
"you don't win a generation by releasing trash (looks at wii u)" "you win by releasing good games, and we have 100 coming" "we will continue to support both ps3 and ps vita as we look onward to the future (ps4)"- Sony.

I feel sad for xbox 360 and wii fans, they've been forgotten. they won't get to enjoy the fun and great wonders of the PS3. great and beautiful games just keep coming for us. I feel so sad...:rolleyes:...............................................................:rofl2:

sony sending a strong message to both competitors mirosofft and ninfaildo. ^_^

have fun you other two. :yayps3:

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"you don't win a generation by releasing trash (looks at wii u)" "you win by releasing good games, and we have 100 coming" "we will continue to support both ps3 and ps vita as we look onward to the future (ps4)"- Sony.

I feel sad for xbox 360 and wii fans, they've been forgotten. they won't get to enjoy the fun and great wonders of the PS3. great and beautiful games just keep coming for us. I feel so sad...:rolleyes:...............................................................:rofl2:

sony sending a strong message to both competitors mirosofft and ninfaildo. ^_^

have fun you other two. :yayps3:
I am too sad that Sony doesn't support the PS1 anymore to care about the PS3, 360 or Wii... :unsure: Learn from Sony's past actions, they are worth much more than their words

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Many indies in the bunch but the only version of Retro City Rampage that felt right for me was on Vita, and from said dev it sold tremendously.. Cross buy also is a key marketing feature, good move Sony, good move.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte