Hardware Vita get! Which memory card to get?

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just got me a Vita and now I'm asking myself which memory card to get. All I want is of course save games and download PSV demos here and there. Which size should be enough for me?

Also I heard something about Uncharted requiring an at least 8GB mc. Is this true (honestly I don't think so)?

Edit: What size are game saves in general?

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you got the Wifi model, seeing as until March 31st, the 3G/Wifi comes with an 8GB memory card, a 250mb plan for one month and a free game at the end of that month. seeing as I was gonna get an 8GB card anyways, I just went ahead and snagged the 3G model (same price in the end) but as for the size of the games, it will show right next to either the title or the purchase option. Personally I would just buy the games retail unless I had to get on PSX store. mainly to save space on the memory card, and the fact that then i don't have to buy a game AND an overpriced memory card.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Well to be fair in AUS the 3G model is $450AUD ($460USD) so of course i'm gonna get the Wifi only model and you asked which memory card to get and my suggestion was to get a 32GB one if you plan on downloading games or demos otherwise your 8GB card is good enough then.

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Most people would usually get the biggest card on the market which is only 32GB at the moment which I think yuo can get at about $100 or so, for around $70 you can get the 16GB card if you want.
It's a matter of price and I'll nowhere pay that much right now. The question is if 4GB would be enough for save games and occasionally demos. I won't download retail games.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Most people would usually get the biggest card on the market which is only 32GB at the moment which I think yuo can get at about $100 or so, for around $70 you can get the 16GB card if you want.
It's a matter of price and I'll nowhere pay that much right now. The question is if 4GB would be enough for save games and occasionally demos. I won't download retail games.
I have an 8GB card and I found it isn't even enough for the demos I want to download so I still think a 32GB card is quite good at the moment but yea it depends on how much you want to spend.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I wouldn't get a 4gb card, you will regret it in the long run and it will be a false economy for you. I have a 8gb card and I wish I went with the 16gb now, however if you are just using it for a few demos, gamesaves and the odd PSN title 8gb should do you fine.

Also Uncharted needs 64mb minimum, which is the most I have seen for a game so far.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It should be noted that some game demos are the actual size of the retail game, and then you just purchase the unlock to continue. Also on top of game saves you have to take into consideration how much updates a game will have as those take up space as well.

rpgpromaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Games are around 700mb to nearly 2GB. i got the 8GB memory card with the uncharted deal at Game in the UK. So far i have got WipeOut, GTA VICE CITY, Motorstorm, Angry Birds, FIFA Demo, LiveTweet FaceBook and my card is full to the rim. I really suggest going for the 16GB one. It maybe more expensive but in the long term it will save you dishing out on a 8GB and then realising it was a bad choice and then getting the 16GB one too.
I suggest getting the cards from amazon. they are normally about £2-£3/$5-8 cheaper than in the stores

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a used 8GB card for 21€ including shipping. Now to wait until it arrives. Anything I can play/do without memory card?

There are used cards already??

Just about everything you can play requires the memory card unfortunately -- there is no built-in storage, and some games (Uncharted is a good example) won't even start without a memory card inserted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?