Cute>Hot
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Capcom's Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom page said recently that the Vita version of the game would be ditching a paper manual in favor of an in-game digital manual. It appears that this may be a common exclusion for Vita games.
Inside Games managed to get a Vita game just ahead of tomorrow's release. They shared pics of the inside.

The package consists of just the game card and a single sheet of paper showing warning messages and details on a firmware update that's included on the card. There's no actual paper manual inside.
Inside says that PlayStation Vita games do away with paper manuals in favor of digital manuals that can be accessible from the game. It's unclear if they actually got official notice of this from someone, or if they're speculating based off this single game. We'll have to wait until all the launch titles can be examined tomorrow.
Inside also showed a size comparison of the Vita game card and other memory devices, including an SD card, a Micro SD card and a 3DS card.

Source

http://andriasang.co...a_game_manuals/

It's could be the total end of manuals on paper for the Vita, but hey they are still around and really nobody reads the manuals anymore so putting them in the game saves paper and the environment.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only manual i ever read was for legend of zelda oracle of ages and thats because there was a hot pic of veran on it

anyway i wonder how much it cost to make the manuals ?

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
anyway i wonder how much it cost to make the manuals ?
The earth
it cost dirt ?
...Please shut up.

Ontopic, I think it's a nice move, but I have no idea as for why sony didn't say anything about it.

no you shut up

he says it cost earth ? what does he mean by that is it made from minerals from the earth
Not the earth literally, but the planet itself. You know, trees, paper, global warming and dat stuff.

Got it now?

Saken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I personally like the manuals. I like reading through them and looking at the art.
Not that the manuals help much, but it's nice, it feels like a complete package with the manual included.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
That's torn it....the straw that broke the camels back...Pre-order cancelled! If my RPG's don't come with tomes then it's not a format i'd favour.

Reactions: 2 people

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Booooooo

I actually like collecting instruction manuals. I have a gigantic bin full of manuals from NES to current gen games. Kinda fun to collect.
I don't need them to be more convenient dammit. This just makes digital downloads that much more appealing.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Always enjoyed keeping manuals, they're as much a collector's item as the box and the disc/cartridge itself. A full set always "sells for more" on the aftermarket, now I guess there's one more thing less to worry about.

So what if there are no instruction manuals? I bet they'll still stuff the box with adverts or Operation Manuals for the console itself like Nintendo does with every single box on the planet (black instructions, I'm sure you know which ones I'm on about). I'd much rather have my *game* manual.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol