Hacking Vita firmware display change

weefsat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am talking with someone online about buying a used Vita that's supposedly running cfw. The problem is that he's claiming he has Henkaku on firmware 3.63. First of all, I know that's not possible, you don't need to lecture me about it. Second of all, don't just tell me it's a scam. I'm well aware of that possibility and I'm taking all the necessary steps to protect myself from that. What I'm wondering is if it's possible that the poor guy got his Vita hacked on 3.60 then followed some shady youtube tutorial or something, that supposedly updated his firmware, but actually kept the Vita on 3.60, while changing the displayed one to 3.63?

Thank you in advance for your help

P.S. If you're interested, here are the reasons why I believe there's a possibility he might not be a scammer. 1. There is no reason for him to claim he has a 3.63 hacked Vita. Where I'm from a 3.60 Henkaku Vita would sell easily. 2. His price is not exorbitant. He isn't trying to collect any premium for this impossible Vita hack. Infact, most people price their regular unhacked Vita about the same. 3. He is not really advertising this insane 3.63 hack, he just casually mentioned it. Most people here wouldn't even understand this is something special as opposed to a 3.60 Henkaku Vita. 4. When I talked to him about my doubts he didn't try to convince me, nor did he ignore me. He simply seemed confused and kept claiming that it works. I think a scammer would simply move to an easier target, while he acts like someone who's looking at his Vita firmware display and doesn't understand why he's being bothered over the internet about something he can confirm with his eyes.

weefsat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What precisely does this spoofer accomplish, as far as I know it doesn't let you play games that are higher than 3.60 and I don't know of any additional functionality of the later firmwares, only hack protection. Is it meant to enable online play perhaps?

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As said before, Henkaku is probably showing spoofed version of 3.63. Ask for some pictures of the configs and show us.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Spoofer didnt do much IIRC, however now ReNpDrm and ReStore are out it might help the appearence of a CFW vita being online.

The seller may have hacked it, spoofed it to latest, and left it to look as minimal/stealthy as possible.

Or he may be having you on.

acidmango

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's a weird version number to spoof too, I thought Enso default spoofed to 3.65?
I'd say to just ask for pics of the settings menu. Easiest way to tell what's what.

SKGleba

O ja pierdole!
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Enso came out when 3.65 was already released .
Enso needs Henkaku 10.2
Henkaku 10.2 comes with 3.65 fw spoof.
If you want to test him - create a random psn acc and tell him to log in& activate with ReNpDrm.
And check *My Devices* on sonys page (it should show a ps3 or vita)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end