Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
This isn't Vita CFW. It's the Vita Half-Byte Loader. Wololo and a few other people have been finding various exploits in PSP games to gain PSP-MODE ACCESS ONLY meaning they can launch various homebrew applications that run in PSP-MODE ONLY. The last 2 exploits were removed from the PS Store, however thecobra (a part of Wololo's "team") has found another exploit and they are planning on releasing the game name soon.

NOTE: THIS WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO PLAY VITA BACKUPS, PSP BACKUPS, OR ANY KIND OF BACKUPS. IT'S LIMITED TO HOMEBREW ONLY, AND NOT ALL HOMEBREW RUNS.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
NOTE: THIS WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO (...) PSP BACKUPS, (...) IT'S LIMITED TO HOMEBREW ONLY, AND NOT ALL HOMEBREW RUNS.
This remains to be seen. Apparently Davee found a way to gain kernel mode access some time ago, and that basically means ISO loaders come next the moment he releases his exploit to the public.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
NOTE: THIS WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO (...) PSP BACKUPS, (...) IT'S LIMITED TO HOMEBREW ONLY, AND NOT ALL HOMEBREW RUNS.
This remains to be seen. Apparently Davee found a way to gain kernel mode access some time ago, and that basically means ISO loaders come next the moment he releases his exploit to the public.
Right, but that's completely different from the VHBL AFAIK. It was an exploit, but a different type from the VHBL exploits. So arguably it's different, and backups will never be loaded via VHBL exploits :P

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Right, but that's completely different from the VHBL AFAIK. It was an exploit, but a different type from the VHBL exploits. So arguably it's different, and backups will never be loaded via VHBL exploits :P
From what I've read, the mechanism is very much the same, really. ;)
It uses the same method, but it's different in terms of VHBL exploits. Also, Davee confirmed that what he ran was not necessarily an ISO, but a game he bought on the PSN and was running from the exploit :P

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It uses the same method, but it's different in terms of VHBL exploits. Also, Davee confirmed that what he ran was not necessarily an ISO, but a game he bought on the PSN and was running from the exploit :P
Davee doesn't want to have anything to do with illegal backup loading, but if he does release the exploit then the kernel access it allows will inevitably lead to the creation of Vita-compatible PSP ISO loaders.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Davee doesn't want to have anything to do with illegal backup loading, but if he does release the exploit then the kernel access it allows will inevitably lead to the creation of Vita-compatible PSP ISO loaders.
Davee has had kernel exploits for the PSP before that he never released. And yes, he had at least one exploit at a time when there was no known kernel mode exploit for the PSP. I would not count on him releasing such an exploit to the public, after the rampant piracy following ChickHEN (which he created, and which used his last released kernel mode exploit AFAIK) - this was the reason he didn't release the 6.10 HEN he made [this HEN used the exploit I referred to in my second sentence].

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...