Hacking Vita boots without homebrew, only shows enso in safe mode

GenericUsername

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
See title, I dont know what to do anymore! The day before yesterday I seemingly had problems with installing games via PKGJ, they downloaded but couldnt get installed showing "c2-12686-3", if I tried to uninstall them it was "c0-12153-2" and if I installed the game before somehow it couldnt get open with "np-6178-2". So I fumbled around the configs a bit to find out if I had the wrong memory in the ux0 or ur0. But the memory card doesnt even show up anymore. ux0 is a 1.50gb large space and ur0 around 1gb.

So right now, if I'm booting, the psp shows up as empty except for henkaku in settings, if i boot n safe, some apps show up (like autoshell, molecularshell, autoplugin I+II and itls-enso.

Where do I go on from now on? I scared I will somehow brick this little magnificient piece of tech.

Also: I still dont know how it happend, because at first i could download games via pkgj and also play them.

Update 1: copied the backup of my sd back to it. ps vita now boots fine without pressing L while booting. Kicked out eveything unnecessary out of the tai/config.txt. vitashell still shows no sd card. ux0 seems to be the intenal memory card.

any ideas?

Last edited by GenericUsername,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
did you try to move to a large SD card?

if i remember correctly. in windows you may have protected files which you need to enable. when copying files from one to another.

GenericUsername

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So what does it mean?

I reset my vita, tried to install enso again, but now it does give me out a checksum error.

This is not going to end well, huh?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GenericUsername

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Your tip won't help me now, because i copied it before and copied it back to the sd card again sometime before. even if i would do this now, the lost data is not gonna show up suddenly, because I "may" already lost them at the first time.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you probably going have to resort copying from from the imc0 (2000 model) or ux0 (1000 model) over to the SD card then redirect the SD2Vita as ux0.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You going have to re-enable homebrew enabler install vitashell, then copy the files on the 1gb ux0 over to the SD card, mount that as uma0 first then switch it around.

GenericUsername

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
alright! gonna try this now, gonna report what happened afterwards.

thank you very much!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

copied files from ux0 to the sd card, even the hidden files. after rebooting, the vita didnt show up any bubbles except the standard ones. no enso, no vitashell, etc. sd card doesnt show up on settings.

what next?

Update 2:

Installed henkaku again via browser, got back into vitashell. but i cant mount uma0 for the sd card. why?

Last edited by GenericUsername,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright! gonna try this now, gonna report what happened afterwards.

thank you very much!

copied files from ux0 to the sd card, even the hidden files. after rebooting, the vita didnt show up any bubbles except the standard ones. no enso, no vitashell, etc. sd card doesnt show up on settings.

what next?

Did you point SD2Vita as ux0 before rebooting?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.72 downgraded to 3.60. storagemgr.skprx is in ur0:tai and the in the first line unter KERNEL in config.txt

If you have no access to vitashell/molecular shell, do the henkaku.xyz url install again, override it. Then do the finalizing step if you already have enso.

https://vita.hacks.guide/installing-henkaku

Make sure there is no config.txt in ux0:tai/, have your config in ur0:tai/

Last edited by Hayato213,

GenericUsername

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you have no access to vitashell/molecular shell, do the henkaku.xyz url install again, override it. Then do the finalizing step if you already have enso.

edited the config in tai again, it was missing "storagemgr.skprx". after i edited in, I rebooted, and suddenly: no bubbles of enso, vitashell, etc anymore.

I dont get it.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edited the config in tai again, it was missing "storagemgr.skprx". after i edited in, I rebooted, and suddenly: no bubbles of enso, vitashell, etc anymore.

I dont get it.

Do you have the enso logo at boot? if it does it mean you have enso installed already, your current issue is probably is that there is nothing on the SD card , you have to copy files over to the SD2vita from the Sony Memory card that was set to ux0 prior to switching.

GenericUsername

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you have the enso logo at boot? if it does it mean you have enso installed already, your current issue is probably is that there is nothing on the SD card , you have to copy files over to the SD2vita from the Sony Memory card that was set to ux0 prior to switching.
yep enso logo on boot. my main problem is that i cant switch. my sd card is now an exact copy of ux0. but i cant switch it. my inserted memory card shows a big 0 in the settings.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep enso logo on boot. my main problem is that i cant switch. my sd card is now an exact copy of ux0. but i cant switch it. my inserted memory card shows a big 0 in the settings.

If you did the setup correct and had vitashell/molecular shell installed and copy the files over when you reboot after setting up storagemgr you should have the vitashell and molecular shell.

Probably have to format the SD card again using storage format included in the guide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.