Vita Back-Ups!!! Piracy, coming soon to a Vita near you.

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by DayVeeBoi, Nov 28, 2015.

1. DayVeeBoi
    OP

DayVeeBoi GBAtemp Regular

Aug 17, 2015
    Canada
    Ontario
    Voxel likes this.
  2. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

Jul 28, 2011
    United States
    The current limitations don't really make it worth while, unless you need 2 games for a local play with a friend

3. bache

bache GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2009
    Not that I wouldn't welcome piracy, but is it really worth it for the Vita? I own a 3DS, and pirate like mad on that because the games are stupidly expensive, but Vita games more often than not are reasonably priced. I can go pick up whatever game I want for less than $30 most of the time.

4. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    So technically that is true, we do know what comes next. But, I wouldn't hold your breath. We have been able to dump wiiu games for quite some time and only recently gotten Loadliine or whatever its called, and a left fielder WiiU emulator for PC.

Depends on you tastes honestly. I bought one because I like the PS library of games, as well as the budding indie market. The downside is that Sony really stopped caring about the little beast, which is sad. Its a great little machine, with lots of potential , but pushed aside to focus on the PS4. It shows, the PS4 has sold over 30 million units around the world, and for good reason.

5. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    If I get this to work, then I can gladly approve of this! Kudos to them!! :)

6. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    I think the dust on my vita weighs more than the hope I have for piracy, forgive me for reaching for a grain of salt

VegaRoXas and Voxel like this.
  7. SmellyPirateMonkey

SmellyPirateMonkey GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2015
    United States
    Good news. Hopefully this leads to something better

8. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Brb gonna go buy a Vita :evil:

Jao Chu likes this.
  9. GreatCrippler

GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

Mar 27, 2010
    United States
    Sadly this... Drove me nuts getting TN installed on 3.18... Finally got it all sorted, and went back to using my PsP Go. LoL

yuyuyup likes this.
  10. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Love my ps vita slim. I play it almost everyday but this seems like its not worth it, at least for now until easier methods come around, if ever.

11. zekepliskin

zekepliskin GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2015
    Hampshire UK
    Yeah the PS4 is a good console but for my taste doesn't really have a great library of games yet, at least ones that aren't available elsewhere (I played a fair bit of War Thunder and GTA V when I got mine, but the former is available on Steam and the latter on previous gen consoles for example) with the exception of inFAMOUS: Second Son which is kinda brilliant. I wouldn't mind Sony sidelining the Vita as a Remote Play for PS3/PS4 or PS Now device so much if there weren't horrible limitations - PS3 RP has a tiny library of compatible games, PS3/PS4 RP can be laggy even when directly connected to the console at home and PS Now has a load of games I wouldn't pay £12.99 per month for because blockbusters like Batman: Arkham City and Deus Ex: Human Revolution aren't on the UK selection list, or at least they weren't when I was doing my free 7-day trial a few weeks back. It's a bit of a mess really.

Any hacks/exploits that make the device more useful beyond the first year or so where Sony were doing first/second party quality titles and third-party devs were too is a bonus, and this initial ability to play backups is an important first step I feel. As with Rejuvenate, given time there will likely be easier ways to get native homebrew/backups running. As it stands, doing any Vita exploits is much more difficult than the 3DS and is very much dependent on how much you like the console in the first place!

Last edited by zekepliskin, Dec 2, 2015
    DayVeeBoi likes this.
  12. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Are you @piotrzasempa? Why do people insist on linking to tweets instead of actual sources?

Also, if you actually read the thread, you'd know that this has been known to be possible for ~4 months.

13. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    I am waiting this to happen to see whther piracy will increase adoption of vita or not. if it is not, sony can be proud that they have created a console that nobody wanted

14. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Hmm...
    PSP fared well, despite being plagued by piracy.

I still want Bioshock for Vita ;_;

DayVeeBoi likes this.
  15. DayVeeBoi
    OP

Aug 17, 2015
    Canada
    Ontario
    Yeah but it wasn't public

16. DayVeeBoi
    OP

Aug 17, 2015
    Canada
    Ontario
    I have to agree, I subscribe to PS plus and have quite a few free games, and Vita has been around long enough that Cartridge are cheap at the pawnshop. I don't have much interest at all in pirating games for it. What I am waiting for is the ability to spoof firmware version to play newer games on older firmware. I have lots of games I can't play because I am not willing to update from 3.18 fw yet. As for a moral debate on piracy, once Sony or whoever gives up on the console it is up to the community to keep it alive. You hear a lot of things about what piracy did to PSP, but it is in the top few selling consoles ever, (I believe it's 9th?) and the last game I know of being made for it was just a few months ago. I still carry my PSPgo in my backpack everyday. It's the one console I take everywhere. That might change if Vita memory ever gets cheap, but that's how it is right now.

bache likes this.