Hacking Vita asks me to format after switching to SD adapter

Franks753

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, in Wololo's advice, I followed this guide and now I rebooted after configuring tai configuration files and it asks me to format. What could I've done wrong or what can I be missing?

PS, I used te plugin to mount it as ux0.

PS2: Using Enso.
After I bought 1 SD2VITA, the step I follow from that video tutorial is :

1. Insert microSD to CardReader
2. Open win32diskimager, search the image file "zzBlank.img", choose the microSD drive and click Write.
3. Unplug your microSD and Insert it back to CardReader then right click in your microSD choose Format.
- exFAT as File system
- Select Default allocation size as Allocation Unit Size
- Don’t put in a volume label
4. Connect your vita via USB using VitaShell then copy all the content in vita to your microSD and don't forget copy gamesd.skprx to microSD.
5. After that insert your microSD to SD2VITA adapter and insert it to your vita game card slot.
6. Open VitaShell, copy gamesd.skprx to ur0:tai/
7. Open config.txt and add :
"ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx" under the kernel line.
example :
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx
8. Still in VitaShell open ux0:tai/ and delete config.txt
9.Reboot your vita then install henkaku

EDIT : I don't know if you're using enso.

Last edited by Franks753,
Reactions: pustal

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it sounds like the sd card adapter isn't plugged in all the way. it will try formatting the memory card if it's not making a secure connection. either that or the system will freeze on the enso logo.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
After I bought 1 SD2VITA, the step I follow from that video tutorial is :

1. Insert microSD to CardReader
2. Open win32diskimager, search the image file "zzBlank.img", choose the microSD drive and click Write.
3. Unplug your microSD and Insert it back to CardReader then right click in your microSD choose Format.
- exFAT as File system
- Select Default allocation size as Allocation Unit Size
- Don’t put in a volume label
4. Connect your vita via USB using VitaShell then copy all the content in vita to your microSD and don't forget copy gamesd.skprx to microSD.
5. After that insert your microSD to SD2VITA adapter and insert it to your vita game card slot.
6. Open VitaShell, copy gamesd.skprx to ur0:tai/
7. Open config.txt and add :
"ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx" under the kernel line.
example :
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx
8. Still in VitaShell open ux0:tai/ and delete config.txt
9.Reboot your vita then install henkaku

EDIT : I don't know if you're using enso.

I'm using enso and did all that. Still asks me to format.

Reactions: Franks753

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
it sounds like the sd card adapter isn't plugged in all the way. it will try formatting the memory card if it's not making a secure connection. either that or the system will freeze on the enso logo.

hmmm.. that's weird. try to check the adapter as godreborn said.

Yes!! Thank you!

Well I press it down on the extremeties, I did not feel it moved but it worked!!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as long as u have the tai config file located in ur0, u should be able to safely sell that memory card of yours. make sure to backup the micro sd card first. note: u can't use vita shell to do this since it will look for the actual memory card. since the adapter is pushed down all the way, u should be able to eject the micro sd card to backup to your pc without removing the adapter...assuming the backup doesn't already still exist.

Reactions: pustal

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
as long as u have the tai config file located in ur0, u should be able to safely sell that memory card of yours. make sure to backup the micro sd card first. note: u can't use vita shell to do this since it will look for the actual memory card. since the adapter is pushed down all the way, u should be able to eject the micro sd card to backup to your pc without removing the adapter...assuming the backup doesn't already still exist.

In theory it should be mounting the old memory card as uma0, but I can't see it, maybe because I have a fat model. Hopefully someone can make anything useful out of it. I could use all the memory, even if to store vpks and other files.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't know. the fat model requires a memory card, at least for initial setup, since u can't download molecular shell without it. I found a bug with vita shell to where it doesn't allow u to mount the internal memory card if no memory card is inserted. it needs an update. the same happens with a usb flash drive and the pstv. basically, vitashell needs an update to add further support for both devices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse