VisualBoyAdvance not loading any ROMs

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by Kniteshade, Sep 30, 2007.

Sep 30, 2007
  1. Kniteshade
    OP

Newcomer Kniteshade Member

Australia
    Has this happened to anybody? I'll try and be as detailed as possible, but in a nutshell, I can't seem to run any .gba (or.gbc) on the program. The ROMs are fine, I tried with a different emulator (BoycottAdvance) and they run fine.

I open VisualBoyAdvance. Everything's fine. But once I try to load a ROM it immediately doesn't respond and crashes. I've no idea what's wrong. I've been using VBA for 4 years now, possibly, and it just stops working recently, wtf. The only things I've recently installed on my PC are Messenger 8.1 (that forced update), Flash 8 Pro, and AVG Free. I also deleted Quicktime because it stopped Flash from loading up.

It kinda sucks, since I can't find any other better emulator to replace VBA. BoycottAdvance has crappy sound and the graphics aren't fully emulated. no$gba always crashes on me.

EDIT: Okay. I got VisualBoyAdvance to work again, I changed the Video render from DirectDraw to GDI. I'm guessing something is up with DirectDraw on my computer. Anybody know what could be wrong? =(

2. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    No Lol [​IMG]

3. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    That... has to be the most unhelpful post I've ever seen [​IMG]

Sadly I don't know much about the topic either (points for effort?). A quick bash on google says to try removing/renaming VBA's .ini file. If that doesn't work then try reinstalling DirectX.

You might find something useful here: http://www.emulationhq.com/viewforum.php?f=3

4. Kniteshade
    OP

Newcomer Kniteshade Member

Australia
    Thanks, guys, I got it working again. It seems I had to install newer drivers for my graphic card.