Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
vboy.gif

VBA 1.7 beta 3

Forgotten has just released beta 3 of his GBA emulator Visualboy Advance 1.7. Nothing really new, but as the author writes: This fixes several of the problems reported with beta 2 and some new function.

Download it on the official website.

Dark Dude 98

Trophies
XP
Country
I got it, havn't used it yet tho, im waiting to be unblock on the gbatemp channel to download the new roms when they are realsed. What is the point of betas when he could just realease new versions?

Saria

The Sage Of The Forest Temple
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
its mere technical stuff which for the non-programmers among us would just be complete jargon

Although I can tell you that the Video Resize from a window to full screen has been fixed - I submitted a bug-report for that

Other than that I havent a clue what is changed.....

I think one has to wait for the final version to get all the info

jeffkong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I searched through the new emulator version and this is what I found
biggrin.gif

- The file size is now 1.40MB, this is the smallest file size of any recent VBA.
- The sound volume can now go to .25X and .5X
- When opening something, or searching for something in VBA, it has shortcuts to the left of those windows (ex: My Recent Documents, Desktop, My Documents, My Computer, My Network)
- Bug Report may have new features (unconfirmed)

There are also many more changes that I don't know about...

Grizzly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Argg... I really really don't like the "save game on oldest slot" function. It destroys all my Savegames made for memories in later times because it overwrites them when I press Alt, Down, Down, Down, Down, Down, Down, Return, Return
frown.gif

forgotten: Can you delete that option or make it hideable somehow, please?

B

BryceOne

QUOTE said:
It destroys all my Savegames made for memories in later times because it overwrites them when I press Alt, Down, Down, Down, Down, Down, Down, Return, Return

So why do you just use Alt, Down, Down, Down, Down, Down, Down, Return, Down, Return.. Anyways, seems easier to use the mouse.. Click, click, click.. Simple as that.

jeffkong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow! I never even knew about the new save state options!
biggrin.gif

And Forgotten, have you checked http://sourceforge.net/projects/vba/ recently? There are some really good requests being made.

And actually...
biggrin.gif
... I have a request right now.

After changing the Visual Boy Advance window to maximized, can you make it so the VBA starts out maximized the next time it's open, and when loading other games.

Because when I maximize VBA and close VBA, it's not maximized anymore when I reopen VBA.
And when I load a game while the VBA window is maximized, the window becomes small again once the game is loaded and I have to maximize VBA again.

It's just a little thing but it would be very helpful.

forgotten

Visualboy Advance Author
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, I won't add many new features for the 1.7 release for now. I am trying to flush out all of the problems from the MFC migratation.

As final thing about the save to oldest slot, you can assign keyboard accelerators to 99% of the menu items, so there is no need to do ALT, DOWN, .... Just use the Tools->Customize menu.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What I would like to see is a full-screen mode where it runs in the right ratio instead of stretching it to fit. Like letterbox it...

Nice job on the continuouis updates to the emulator!

forgotten

Visualboy Advance Author
Trophies
XP
Country
Fullscreen modes will keep the screen ratio in DirectDraw mode unless you have the Fullscreen stretch to fit.

In other modes, I don't have time to figure out how to do the same. Anyone is welcome to do that if they want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh