Homebrew Visual Novels

-GJ-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey,

I know there is a Visual Novel reader for the DS, but is there any place where I can get English subbed Visual Novels that work?
I'd love to see the Clannad Visual Novels, but they are for the PS2.. So I guess that wouldn't work..

Benandanti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The only two sites I know that do them are the one that does the VN reader and weeaboo.nl. If any new ones come out, they're likely to appear in these places first.

AFAIK, there's 6 novels available.

Tsukihime
Narcissu
Anon's Nice Day
Fate/Stay Night
OMGWTFOTL
True Remembrance

Fate/Stay has a voice patch if you go to weeaboo.nl, and with the PC translation nearing completion, it's likely this will be updated as well. Also, the PC version of Anon's Nice Day is being worked on to turn it into a fully fledged VN in its own right, so that may receive an update eventually as well. I've seen no mention on the official forums of other games being worked on, and I worry that all the drama with the english translation leaks of certain Key games (Kanon, Clannad) might hinder them coming out until a complete patch for either has been released

If I was a betting man though, this is probably the next game which'll get converted across.

Toaster Mage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only port VNs as I play them(which is infrequent, since ironically, I`m not really into them).

Though, you would win that bet on Chaos;Head, I actually plan on playing that.

I also have a somewhat worked on Ever17(I was asked to figure out the scripting format(which I have mostly down, just need to figure out how jumping and choices work)). It doesnt run under linux though, so I`m kinda stuck on those parts.

As for Clannad, I think someone was working on that, but gave up since he was doing it the hard way(screenshots and retyping all the text).

Planetarian is also somewhere on my computer, so that might come eventually as well.

Benandanti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, I see. Thank you for your hard work, especially on Ever 17.
biggrin.gif

-GJ-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thnx for your replies
smile.gif
It's great to hear there are a few VN's for the DS..
I just wanted the Clannad ones, but which one could u recommend me, that are actually really good, because I'm not so known with VN's.. More with manga
tongue.gif

Benandanti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd start off with Narcissu and True Remembrance. Both would be pretty good introductions.

The two Type-Moon ones (Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night) can be difficult to get into because of the original author's 'unique' style of writing (and fondness for seafood :3) so they might be worth saving for later.

Anon's Nice Day is short and relies mostly on 4chan memes, so it probably isn't worth bothering with unless you know about them, and OMGWTFOTL is completely incoherent, which is pretty much the entire point, so as long as you are willing to check your brain in at the door, you might get some enjoyment out of it.

Benandanti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Fate/Stay Night port has been updated to v1.0 to coincide with the PC version. Now the whole game is translated.

You can get it at one of the links I posted at the start of the topic.

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Benandanti said:
Saya no Uta has been added to the VNDS site, and a beta version of the reader to accommodate it has been added.

It's an interesting little VN, but might put a lot of people off with the titular loli and Lovecraft-esque themes.

>>might put a lot of people off with the titular loli and Lovecraft-esque themes.

>>put a lot of people off
>>loli and Lovecraft-esque themes.

Really now? Those are my pay attention, magget flags.
smileipb2.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt