Visual novel Chaos;Child lands on Steam next week

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jan 15, 2019.

Front-page
    header (1).

Spike Chunsoft is bringing another visual novel to Steam in the form of Chaos;Child, one of the numerous "SciAdv" games which consists of Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head, and Robotics;Notes. This game is a sequel to Chaos;Head, which never received an official translation. Originally released in 2017 for the PlayStation 4 and Vita, PC players will now be able to experience the game as well, on January 22, 2019. The official Steam page is now currently live, detailing that the game will have both English and Japanese text, the latter of which is an option that the PlayStation release did not have.

:arrow: Steam Page

matpower, Disco, Lycanroc and 2 others like this.
    Discussion (9 replies)
  1. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    Weird. in other forums and even here, it's stated to come out on the 22nd.
    But the steam page shows it comes out on the 23rd.
    ….goddamnit timezones.

2. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    I still won’t touch this until they bring Chaos Head Noah to the west. Playing this without having played Chaos Head Noah is like playing Steins Gate 0 without having played Steins Gate.

RedBlueGreen likes this.
  3. Flirkyn

Flirkyn GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2014
    France
    Great Visual Novel (pretty gory and violent, so not for everyone. Still furious about one of the murder ahah). I won't buy it since I already have and done it on Vita though . Still waiting for Chaos Head Noah (played the original but I wanted the better one) and two Robotics notes to come one day (yes I have hope).
    Still a great vn tho I recommend to do it after playing at least chaos head original (there's an English patch, and don't watch the anime) and playing Steins Gates :)

Last edited by Flirkyn, Jan 15, 2019
  4. masagrator

masagrator GBAtemp Regular

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Last edited by masagrator, Jan 15, 2019
    sephurchin and Flirkyn like this.
  5. Flirkyn

Flirkyn GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2014
    France
  6. Pajfu

Pajfu Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2016
    Poland
    Chaos;Child was pretty good. Already read it on Vita and was not disappointed.

7. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    I wish I knew this before playing it on my PS4. I was really hesitant too since I watched the Chaos;Head anime immediately after finishing the visual novel, which ruined my enjoyment of it. Oh well.

Punch Line when, tho?

8. moonblood666

moonblood666 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Overall very good VN, though I think that Chäos;Head was much better in terms of pacing and ESPECIALLY its atmosphere which kept you on edge throughout its entire playtime. Chäos;Child suffers from too many harem anime and light novel tropes to really stand out as a VN milestone. Where C;H is a flawed but very unique deconstructionist mindf*** denpa VN, C;C just doesn't have the same impact as other Science Adventure titles. Its MC is also the quintessential light novel protagonist compared to Takumi or Okabe. Though it is much more cohesive than S;G 0.

Despite my criticism it's among the better VNs. Also from ch. 8 onward it's quite the intense rollercoaster. XD

Edit: For those who haven't, reading Chäos;Head beforehand will add a lot to the enjoyment of C;C as many events of the beforementioned are directly referenced in C;C.

Last edited by moonblood666, Jan 16, 2019
  9. Windaga

Windaga GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    New England
    I enjoyed it. I finished it on the PSTV after binging SG and SG:0. Not my favorite VN, a tiny bit predictable, but it was one hell of a ride. Very cool that it's reaching a wider audience on Steam.