Visual novel Chaos;Child lands on Steam next week

header (1).jpg

Spike Chunsoft is bringing another visual novel to Steam in the form of Chaos;Child, one of the numerous "SciAdv" games which consists of Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head, and Robotics;Notes. This game is a sequel to Chaos;Head, which never received an official translation. Originally released in 2017 for the PlayStation 4 and Vita, PC players will now be able to experience the game as well, on January 22, 2019. The official Steam page is now currently live, detailing that the game will have both English and Japanese text, the latter of which is an option that the PlayStation release did not have.

About

It’s been six years since a massive earthquake leveled the city of Shibuya. Now, in October 2015, while researching a number of recent murders, Takuru Miyashiro realizes a horrible truth. These murders are the return of a series of killings that plunged Shibuya into terror six years ago. And at the same time, people called gigalomaniacs, with the powers to make their delusions real, are beginning to awaken…

Key Features

• Discover A Darker Japan – Explore Shibuya in 2015, after an earthquake nearly levelled the city six years prior, and try to outsmart the puppet-master behind this New Generation Madness.
  • Track Down A Serial Killer – Play as Takuru, an arrogant senior and the newspaper club president, and discover the pattern in a series of bizarre deaths around you that the police can’t seem to crack.
  • Unravel The Mystery – Investigate gruesome, supernatural murders with a team of uniquely talented friends.
  • Pick Your Delusions – Choose to explore disturbing nightmares or pleasurable daydreams to affect the different realities that Takuru perceives, and change your story.
  • See The Bigger Picture – Unlock SIX endings by changing the course of your team’s investigations and relationships, and understand the characters and plot in depth.
  • Outstanding Artistic Value – Enjoy beautiful and ethereal art work in this stunning visual novel from the Science Adventure series.
  • From The Creators Of Steins;Gate – A stand-alone story with a brand new cast, extensive replayability and ties to the Steins;Gate universe!

:arrow: Steam Page

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Weird. in other forums and even here, it's stated to come out on the 22nd.
But the steam page shows it comes out on the 23rd.
….goddamnit timezones.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I still won’t touch this until they bring Chaos Head Noah to the west. Playing this without having played Chaos Head Noah is like playing Steins Gate 0 without having played Steins Gate.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great Visual Novel (pretty gory and violent, so not for everyone. Still furious about one of the murder ahah). I won't buy it since I already have and done it on Vita though . Still waiting for Chaos Head Noah (played the original but I wanted the better one) and two Robotics notes to come one day (yes I have hope).
Still a great vn tho I recommend to do it after playing at least chaos head original (there's an English patch, and don't watch the anime) and playing Steins Gates :)

Last edited by Flirkyn,

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still won’t touch this until they bring Chaos Head Noah to the west. Playing this without having played Chaos Head Noah is like playing Steins Gate 0 without having played Steins Gate.
I wish I knew this before playing it on my PS4. I was really hesitant too since I watched the Chaos;Head anime immediately after finishing the visual novel, which ruined my enjoyment of it. Oh well.

Punch Line when, tho?

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Overall very good VN, though I think that Chäos;Head was much better in terms of pacing and ESPECIALLY its atmosphere which kept you on edge throughout its entire playtime. Chäos;Child suffers from too many harem anime and light novel tropes to really stand out as a VN milestone. Where C;H is a flawed but very unique deconstructionist mindf*** denpa VN, C;C just doesn't have the same impact as other Science Adventure titles. Its MC is also the quintessential light novel protagonist compared to Takumi or Okabe. Though it is much more cohesive than S;G 0.

Despite my criticism it's among the better VNs. Also from ch. 8 onward it's quite the intense rollercoaster. XD

Edit: For those who haven't, reading Chäos;Head beforehand will add a lot to the enjoyment of C;C as many events of the beforementioned are directly referenced in C;C.

Last edited by moonblood666,

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed it. I finished it on the PSTV after binging SG and SG:0. Not my favorite VN, a tiny bit predictable, but it was one hell of a ride. Very cool that it's reaching a wider audience on Steam.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1