steaky1212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm trying to run VBA-GX on my Wii, but I get code dumps.

It works using v1.0.5 of the emulator, but this doesnt include saving (much to my dismay after 2.5hrs of pokemon, I wouldnt mind on mario as that is always the same, but pokemon changes each time you play it)... anyway..

Talking to the people that ported VBA-GX they seem to think it is a custom IOS issue, so I was just asking if other people had the same problem.... or dont have the problem but are running the latest VBA-GX.

I am running:
System Menu 4.0 - upgraded using http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835 (online)
I had previously downgraded to 3.2E from 3.4E.
If it helps I also have the backup launcher gamma (plus the 002 fix loader) installed.

I dont want to downgrade to System Menu 3.2E as I like the SD functionality of 4.0E.

As an addon - my understanding is that the custom IOS is used for backup games, so do I need to have the latest one (I have cIOS36 rev10), or are people running an older one and VBA-gx work?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Code dumps are due to bug in the emulator, there is nothing you can do about it and it's not related AT ALL with anything you installed.

It seems the coder is using an unstable devkit version to compile its code, or maybe the code is still a little buggy, anyway the result will be random (or not) memory crash and exception screens like you experienced.

steaky1212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They say that other people are using it without a problem, without having Backup Loader installed - so maybe it is a custom IOS issue.

Does anyone have VBA-GX installed on a 4.0E Wii?

steaky1212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--UPDATE--

I removed IOS 249, and VBA-GX worked fine.

I installed either an earlier version (or using CIOS PatchMii Installer - I cant remember now)
and VBA-GX still works. I haven't done a comprehensive test to check that everything I use still works - but early indications say it does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellow EST resident here, it's noon for me too