Visiting my parents

Totoy_Kamote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i finished my college studies when i was 19 and had a decent job 2months after graduation...
that's why i decided to move out on my parents house because i wanna be independent...
i'm sick and tired about my mom and dad telling me what to do and what not to do...
i'm sick and tired about my mom telling me to sleep already because it's past my bedtime! hell! i'm already 19 and i can't do what i want!
angry.gif

but after a couple of months being away or being "INDEPENDENT" i realized that i miss them...
i miss the times when my dad scolds me because i did something stupid... then after that we'll get drunk and talk about it and why did i do it...
i miss the smell of pancakes in the morning that my mom makes...
i really miss them...

so i decided that i'll visit them twice a month but i never told them the reason of my visit... that i miss them...
i just told them that i visit because i'm so bored at my house and i have nowhere to go...
tongue.gif

i don't know why but i just can't seem to tell that i miss them...
unsure.gif

every time that i visit them they still do what they used to do... they still tell me what to do and what not to do...
my mom still tells me to sleep because it's past my bedtime... i don't know why but i'm secretly loving it...
wub.gif

maybe because i just miss it...

now i'm already 25.. i have my own house..
no wife yet because my girlfriend broke up with me recently... darn! that feeling again! i hate it! it feels like hell
angry.gif

and i still manage to visit them twice a month...
biggrin.gif

Do you visit your parents? make sure you do because you'll never know what will happen tomorrow...
smile.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I haven't visited my dad since last Christmas. I don't really like visiting him (one hour train to Manchester then 10mins on another train (my dad should be visiting, not me going to visit him (but I went with a friend last year so that was okay-ish))), last year was only to get my Christmas money (lolused).
I think I'll be going up after Christmas again just to get Christmas money.
Plus my step-mum is a bitch.

The only reason why I'm using him for money is because he never talks (rings up, e-mail, etc) to me and he has never supported my mum with money for me (which you have to do in England).

Anyway, before I go on and on about my family drama, I'll stop.

tl;dr I'm anti-social and if it wasn't for the money, I wouldn't be visiting my dad.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Generally I have observed the relationships between parents and children changes drastically as time goes on and this is a good thing assuming one or both parties does not try to stall such things- quite a lot of angst and the like does arise when such things are attempted (or indeed they become overly attached with all that such a thing implies).

Indeed most contact between myself and my parents is more professional or as friends might be than anything else- despite my best efforts my father still knows hundreds more people in useful fields than I. That is not to say rocking up for dinner and films/TV shows (got to love channel usenet) or a place to pass out if I happen to be rolling through (or vice versa*) does not happen.

*something that has always confused me- watching American TV shows and films it seems that one could almost be accused of being cheap for not springing for a hotel when visiting friends. Certainly there are exceptions but to go there by default just seems very odd (especially given most of the places featured would be described as palatial).

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I moved away from my mother a little more then half a year ago, and yet, I've only missed my weekly visit twice
smile.gif

I have a good relationship with my mom, and she still does my laundry once a week, so yea
tongue.gif

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still live with them(which is logical since I am only 15 years old.) BUT I am out of house VERY much I have muschos social contact etc. etc. And if it is needed I can care about myself and fgor my stupid little brother if they are away(example a weekend gone blah blah.)

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lightning said:
I still live with them(which is logical since I am only 15 years old.)
I live with my mom, while my dad lives in Michigan. Nothing complicated between them, it's just that he still has a good job over there, we're moving back to where he is, anyways.

(12 years old ATM.)

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well define parents. If you mean my birth parents, I refuse to visit one of them (she's a nut job...I'm dead serious, she's mentally unstable), and my dad has disowned me for "outlandish lies" (truth hurts asshole doesn't it?). If you mean my legal parents aka my grandparents (they adopted me), my grandmother died two years ago from cancer so it's not quite possible to visit her, and my grandfather is upstairs sleeping (I moved back in with him and my aunt, uncle, and cousins). We don't talk much because as my aunt said "he's becoming a crotchety old man". He just stays in the room my grandma died in and watches TV all day until he leaves. He comes downstairs in the basement (where the majority of us live) to walk on the treadmill in the winter (there was a blizzard outside so yeah), but other than that he keeps to himself. Anyway I won't visit my birth parents and they won't visit me, not that I would let them. My dad is an asshat, I've cut him off completely, changed my phone number, have a new e-mail, ect, he can eat shit and die for all I care. If he didn't want kids he should have used a condom...just saying...fucking asshole...but yeah...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: