Hacking Virtual Console WADs + Wii Shop Channel AND DVDs + Disc Channel

TankedThomas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ok, this has probably been asked before, but I was wondering if there is any way to make the Wii Shop Channel say that you have bought a game and let you re-download it if you have installed the Virtual Console game via a WAD Manager (illegally, basically). I doubt it, because I think the Wii Shop Channel data is partially server-side, but I'm not 100% on that. Any info would be great.

The second thing I wanted to ask, in this topic so as not to make loads of topics at once, is that I can run backup, import and standard Wii and Gamecube games, all from the disc channel. So what I want to know now, is there a way to launch DVDs from the disc channel? Again, I doubt it, because the disc channel reads Gamecube and Wii games, but with cIOSCORP, preloader, DVDx and the rest of the stuff, I figured there might be a way without having to use MPlayer (which there's a million versions of, and I downloaded the YouTube one which conveniently doesn't launch discs. I went to the Homebrew Channel to get it before, but tried to update Gecko OS instead, it froze and semi-bricked my Wii. Now I'm just going to update to 4.0 [finally] and run homebrew off that).

Any help with both of these would be greatly appreciated (even if it's just a well-explained "no" - but please don't say no if you're not 110% sure).

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no and no

The data for VC/WiiWare went server side a little after 3.2 was launched... when the VC/WiiWare WAD files were still new, you could download the title if you deleted it from your system, but now, you can't.

There is no way to launch DVD Video from the disc channel. Ever. There's no way to program the subsystem needed to launch a "channel" or program to play a DVD Video disc. Just buy a $15 DVD player for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @realtimesave why did you get several MIG?