Hacking Virtual Console Rehab a.k.a Wiihab

elektrixxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was havin' a great time stockin' up my SD card with VC games, but I've since received 4000 Wii Points as a gift and now I want to be as legitimate as possible in preparation for WiiWare.

Does the WAD Uninstaller now properly remove tickets and all that stuff now?

How would I go about removing traces of usin' the Homebrew Channel? I wouldn't care about it, but the Nintendo Channel can gather info like that, right?

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
It removes tickets properly assuming you have the original VC's/Brews (the ones you originally used to install)
However Today's Accomplishments remain - you can't delete those.
And they could present a problem.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Fission said:
It removes tickets properly assuming you have the original VC's/Brews (the ones you originally used to install)

If you are really worried, just start and exit a channel until the log gets deleted, because it has a limit.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
suloku said:
Fission said:

If you are really worried, just start and exit a channel until the log gets deleted, because it has a limit.

Didn't know that....
blink.gif
just play for a minute and then exit? and then repeat - what do you mean it has a limit?

If I look back to when I got the Wii - the Play History from the 27th November is still there... keeps it for a loooooong time.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Fission said:
suloku said:
Fission said:

Didn't know that....
blink.gif
just play for a minute and then exit? and then repeat - what do you mean it has a limit?

If I look back to when I got the Wii - the Play History from the 27th November is still there... keeps it for a loooooong time.

They all disappear when you format if you don't mind backing up all your save games first.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Fission said:
It asks me to unlink my wii shop account when I format - I don't want to lose all my legit VC games
frown.gif

It tells you to, that's if you're selling your wii I assume. It doesn't unlink it though. I've formatted a few times in the last couple of weeks. I can redownload my bought channels.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Hardcore Gamer said:
Fission said:
It asks me to unlink my wii shop account when I format - I don't want to lose all my legit VC games
frown.gif

It tells you to, that's if you're selling your wii I assume. It doesn't unlink it though. I've formatted a few times in the last couple of weeks. I can redownload my bought channels.

Oh

Ok then will try it - Thanks
smile.gif

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok formatted the Wii.

Forgot to save the Mii's on the Wiimote
mad.gif
hate2.gif

They don't quite look the same anymore
frown.gif

Had to initialize everything again tho
frown.gif

But the Wii is now clean

Thanks Hardcore Gamer for reassuring me
smile.gif

.:Kurda:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for interupting the thread but how can Nintendo ban you from their services if you installed a VC Game?

Do they check the log and see you have played it? If they do; First how do they know it's one you installed illegally , Second how do they get access to the log? Isn't that basically looking at your personal information?

What services can they ban you from?

I hope its not WFC , then no more MK, Brawl and MOHH2
frown.gif

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
As far as we know the Nintendo Channel asks you to submit details from your Wii - ie games played (through Todays accomplishment in the Msg Board), wii settings ectect. this is to give you a more personal recommendation.

You don't have to accept it - but then Nintendo Channel will be very limited - ie no downloading DS demo's and what have you...

They can check the codes - each VC has unique code - the risk is high that they 'might' suspend your account or something.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
In order to use the Wii shop you need to link it to your Nintendo site user account.

I doubt anyone has been suspended - I did say 'might' but then we also don't know if people were brave enough to give Nintendo their details while running 'NON VC Originals'

.:Kurda:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol i still don't understand.

I never linked the Wii Shop Channel to anything, just popped in my router settings and connected :/

But your saying that if you get suspended they will suspend you from Wii Shop Channel?

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
It's possible, or it could happen when a new update occurs

I already had a VIP Nintendo account through Nintendo Europe since the Gamecube launch.
When the Wii launched the VIP accounts were changed to Club Nintendo Account(membership)
The idea for linking up your account is that you can keep track of your purchases on the Site as well as in the Wii Shop

It's less complicated then I'm explaining it
smile.gif

go185 said:
Fission said:
In order to use the Wii shop you need to link it to your Nintendo site user account.

nopnopnop
lecture.gif

Yes you're right - you don't have to link it. I just checked
smile.gif

Edit:

Hmm.... Nintendo knows when you do system format.
Just now the Wii Connect24 kicked in and when I checked the msg board a letter from Nintendo telling me I need to update the Wii shop for Wiiware. Formatting the system does not change the installed firmware.
So something in the Wii was transmitted to the server to have them send me the update notice.

The plot thickens

hemanthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was under the impression that even formatting doesn't remove the tickets, thats how you can redownload the games you purchased after you format. I'm not 100% on that, but if you're really worried about getting banned for having ripped/injected VC games, I would just not install them.

I personally think Nintendo will not adopt a perma-ban policy. I would guess that they would just block you as long as you had "illicit" software. Remove the offending items, and they would unblock you. I may be wrong, but we won't know until Nintendo does something, right now it's just vague empty threats and potential software changes that haven't been implemented.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4