Hacking Virtual Console Graphic Glitches

kdbrown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have vc games sonic 1 and mario 1 which when loaded have graphic glitches. Im using firmware softmod 4.1e, do i need to update any ios?

Thanks

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what might be happening is this:

if you have your wii configured to use the wiiconnect 24 thing, basically the built in wireless chip of the wii runs 24x7, even when the wii is "sleeping" (orange light). if you turn that connect 24 thing off and do a hard shutdown on your wii (power light goes red), the wireless chip shuts off.

the problem is that when your wii sleeps (orange light) the wireless chip builds up lots of heat that the little fan inside can't get rid of because when the wii sleeps, the fan shuts off. this extra heat damages the ati gpu over time and this damage can manifests itself as white dots on the screen or other anomalies.

for an example, see here: w w w.qj.net/qjnet/wii/wii-overheat-causes-video-output-error.html

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
gene0915 said:

if you have your wii configured to use the wiiconnect 24 thing, basically the built in wireless chip of the wii runs 24x7, even when the wii is "sleeping" (orange light). if you turn that connect 24 thing off and do a hard shutdown on your wii (power light goes red), the wireless chip shuts off.

the problem is that when your wii sleeps (orange light) the wireless chip build up lots of heat that the little fan inside can't get rid of because when the wii sleeps, the fan shuts off. this extra heat damages the ati gpu over time and this damage can manifests itself as white dots on the screen or other anomalies.

for an example, see here: w w w.qj.net/qjnet/wii/wii-overheat-causes-video-output-error.html
wireless chip? inside the gpu?

god you are stupid

its the starlet that is inside the gpu
not the bloody wireless chip

DownSince86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lulwut said:
gene0915 said:

the problem is that when your wii sleeps (orange light) the wireless chip build up lots of heat that the little fan inside can't get rid of because when the wii sleeps, the fan shuts off. this extra heat damages the ati gpu over time and this damage can manifests itself as white dots on the screen or other anomalies.

god you are stupid

please point out where he stated that the wireless chip was inside of the gpu.

why are the idiots so quick to call someone else stupid?

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lulwut said:
gene0915 said:

god you are stupid

i won't point out how fucking stupid you are because i see that downsince86 already did that. don't equate my low post count with a lack of knowledge. i'm a long time reader here and can tell by your post you don't think before spewing off at the mouth.

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
DownSince86 said:
lulwut said:
gene0915 said:

god you are stupid

please point out where he stated that the wireless chip was inside of the gpu.

why are the idiots so quick to call someone else stupid?
ok, fair point. i thought he'd know the fact the damage came from within the gpu chip.
which is true, but it isn't the wireless chip.
its the starlet, on which ios runs.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
stop calling other stupid when you don't know anything yourself
GPU is not inside Starlet, and I don't see why GPU failure would be more caused by Starlet overheating than any other modules, this CPU doesn't even have access to GPU.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/File:Wii_hw_diagram.png

I doubt this is caused by GPU failure though, otherwise it would happen with everything running on this Wii, not just some VC games. Maybe more details on what he calls "graphical glitches" would help.

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
stop calling other stupid when you don't know anything yourself
GPU is not inside Starlet, and I don't see why GPU failure would be more caused by Starlet overheating than any other modules, this CPU doesn't even have access to GPU.
correct, gpu isn't inside starlet
starlet is inside the gpu chip (thanks for the diagram showing that i was right in my previous post in which i said, and i quote, "the fact the damage came from within the gpu chip.")
and since ios is still run on standby, the still produces heat all over the gpu chip
which in rare occasions *could* damage the gpu (but i have yet to see it happen with my own eyes)

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had graphic glitches on a game I bought from the vc channel a long time ago , It was a fighting game forget which one , anyway the problem I was having, when I would start the game , up would be stretched and only on the top half of the tv , so I called ninty , and the tech support guy had me doing some combinations of button presses with the remote and nun chuck and it fixed ....I forget what the button presses where or if that will even fix your problem , but try calling them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.