Hacking Virtual Console game hacking

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I've been trying to hack vc games for a while now figuring out the where the encryption code is and so on but I can't figure out where it is i have been able to copy a VC game I got on my pc from another wii by hex editing it but when i try to run it it freezes please help?Also I have read that you can copy the game over but it won't load up without you purchasing it but there must be a way to hex edit it so that you can load it.

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ProdigySim said:
He's right! It's so simple! Hex editing! Duh!

And your English is way too incoherent for someone showing the US flag.

Just because you're from the US, doesn't prevent you from being an idiot
tongue.gif

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i made a break through i was able to copy a vc game i hex edited and copied it to my sd card and well it worked it played on my wii but i don't remember what exactly i did

INTERNETS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yaoluislg said:
Ok i made a break through i was able to copy a vc game i hex edited and copied it to my sd card and well it worked it played on my wii but i don't remember what exactly i did

You know, like, you can do that without hacking the thing.

Railgun

( ' _ ' )
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yaoluislg said:

really?
thats awesome, go and try another vc game, and write down how you do that
happy.gif

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok someone didn't understand what i said right the vc game that i did wasn't from my wii i got it from my friend

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
yaoluislg said:
Ok someone didn't understand what i said right the vc game that i did wasn't from my wii i got it from my friend

LOL. Wow! You were able to do it RIGHT after some people made fun of you, and you didn't even get mad at them? That's REALLY good luck! I think you should refuse to tell ANYONE how you did it, just to get back at them! Yes, that will teach 'em!

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I'm not that mean i'll tell them but yup i finally was able to hack it i'll try to figure out what i did so I can tell you guys.

Posts merged

Ok i remember something that i did i changed something that had to do with the Id in hex its all the way at the bottom I used hex workshop to do it also.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yaoluislg said:
No I'm not that mean i'll tell them but yup i finally was able to hack it i'll try to figure out what i did so I can tell you guys.

Posts merged

Ok i remember something that i did i changed something that had to do with the Id in hex its all the way at the bottom I used hex workshop to do it also.

Hmmm..This sounds complicated. So, the steps are as follows, if I have this right; change something.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i need some help because i don't understand alot of hex editing stuff.So if anyone wants to help please tell me you will need to have a vc game.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wunsick yes that is true that each file is signed but if I got one game to work on my wii that wasn't originally from my wii than their must be a way to do it with other vc games.

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cruddybuddy said:
yaoluislg said:

LOL. Wow! You were able to do it RIGHT after some people made fun of you, and you didn't even get mad at them? That's REALLY good luck! I think you should refuse to tell ANYONE how you did it, just to get back at them! Yes, that will teach 'em!

Yes! And then, after announcing a "break through" that you "can't remember how you did", you should totally ask for help from people with hex editing knowledge because you don't know much about it. It adds a shiny coat of authenticity to your story

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No i know some part of what I did but the other part i changed something in the middle but don't remember what it was thats why I want some one that understands hex really good to look where i changed it exactly.

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open one instance of Hex Workshop with the original game

Open another instance of Hex Workshop with the modified file

???

Profit!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat