SuperMarioMaster

OP
Trophies
Website
s14.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Now, it may seem like a stupid idea... But surely there had to be a few good VB games. If Nintendo remade them, I think that would be a great idea for people who never got to play some of the games...

Obviously they wouldn't put them in Red/Black, but in full color. Since the 3DS can utilize 3D, do you think it's a good idea or a bad idea?

Reactions: RockRiver

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SuperMarioMaster91 said:
Now, it may seem like a stupid idea... But surely there had to be a few good VB games. If Nintendo remade them, I think that would be a great idea for people who never got to play some of the games...

Obviously they wouldn't put them in Red/Black, but in full color. Since the 3DS can utilize 3D, do you think it's a good idea or a bad idea?

3DS = uses stereoscopic effect

VB = 3d games in black and red

You wouldn't need the 3DS to play the VB games, hell, there are already emulators for the PC (no good ones though).

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VB used red on black at 3 layers with a 'stereoscopic' effect with the 2 eye pieces so what are you talking about?

Odds are this could be done with a handful of games, or some long sought after sequel. I think as far as quality goes the following could work:
-Inshouse Mouse
-Red Alarm
-Wario Land
-Mario Clash

A few others if expanded or put into 'a compilation could work too such as the sport, shooter, and pinball titles.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Ah, this could totally happen.

And without the eyestrain, no less! Hear that, Ninty? SuperMarioMaster gave you an idea! No charge!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only ever played VB Wario Land. I'd love to see some kind of remake on 3DS. Without the eye shattering red though, how about some full color? Maybe with the graphical style seen in the Wii game.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
VB Wario Land is good but I'd rather get a port than a remake knowing they changed Wario's style so much over the years. I haven't any faith it'd look as good as the original. This is what I call the true sequel to Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 on Game Boy.

Reactions: RockRiver

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Knyaz Vladimir said:
Nintendo hates this forum.

Anyway, Virtual Boy on 3DS? Why not just normal DS with WARIOWARE DIY?
I'd like to see you try
wink.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wario Land VB would be perfect, one of the best in the series. Would be better without headaches too.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
naglaro00 said:
Knyaz Vladimir said:

I'd like to see you try
wink.gif
Yeah...It's already hard enough to make something kind of cool. Plus, the microgames are short, no matter what the length setting is (Unless you get a hacked boss template, but it would still be difficult to replicate a VB game on there).

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TDWP FTW said:
naglaro00 said:
Knyaz Vladimir said:

I'd like to see you try
wink.gif
Yeah...It's already hard enough to make something kind of cool. Plus, the microgames are short, no matter what the length setting is (Unless you get a hacked boss template, but it would still be difficult to replicate a VB game on there).

I made a really bad version in 2 hours. I'll just try making it have a 3D-effect using Red, Purple, and Blue. WarioLand is next up. I had the idea for another 3D game, but...

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Despite the small size of the Virtual Boy library, it had quite a few excellent games.

Teleroboxer, VB WarioLand, and Mario Clash were excellent. Mario Tennis was also very good, but we've seen many versions of that by now. Galactic Pinball was great as well, but isn't in the must-play list just by virtue of it being pinball.

But VB WarioLand was the best in the series. After that it got dumbed down way too much, though WarioLand Shake It was a pretty good return to form.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly which is why this is a good topic and hopefully something Nintendo will explore. There may have only been a couple dozen VB games but a good deal of them are pretty decent, and a few are outstanding and could really use the jump from Red/Black to full RGB modern stereoscopic 3D like Mario Tennis, Red Alarm, Wario Land, Insmouse House, and a few others.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just thinking of making a topic like this... Mario Clash, 3D Tetris, Red Alarm, Wario Land would be awesome. You could have the remade full color version (upgrade like mario all stars vs. originals) and then you could have a classic version. Maybe you could even do it as 3DS Ware for stuff like Mario Clash.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SuperMarioMaster91 said:

This is a damn good idea imo. I LOVE my VB, still play it from time to time too lol. As long as they updated the games with color, then I don't see why this couldn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I was also K3nv2's pubic hair fluffer "Zek Hiel"