Virgin Wii by using a vigin NAND ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by genius, Jun 5, 2009.

Jun 5, 2009
  1. genius
    OP

Newcomer genius Member

Germany
    Hi,

I'd like to have my Wii in virgin State ... I've read several ways to acomplish that like AnyRegionChanger and AnyTilteDeleter. I still have some questions. Currently I have FW 4.0e with cIOS and HBC installed and running.

First would it possible to use a virgin NAND to get my Wii to vigrin state ? or is the NAND encryted per system ?
    Could I format / reset the Wii without loosing BOOTMii ? It's installed as boot2 here ...

Thanks
    Geni

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

afaik each nand is console specific with specific keys!

3. computerboy

Member computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    If you format BootMii will still be there but don't format cause some people have had other problems

4. Arceles

Newcomer Arceles Member

Mexico
    I remember someone that desoldered his nand and then placed another nand from a memstick...

5. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    The contents of your NAND are encrypted specific to your Wii. If you have a backup of YOUR Wiis NAND you can get it back to virgin state with that but not with the NAND from another console.

6. genius
    OP

Newcomer genius Member

Germany
    Hi,

is it possible (known keys / brute force) to decrypt your own NAND ?? and if yes would it also be possible to encrypt it for anothere console ?

It would be nice to have a way to create a virgin NAND for every (HB enabled) Wii out there ...

geni

7. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

United Kingdom
    That makes no sense. In order to do a NAND dump, he needs homebrew; therefore his wii isn't virgin.

8. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Use bannerbomb to install bootmii. Get nand dump. Then later time restore it and use bannerbomb to uninstall bootmii.

9. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Or with a NAND flasher (Eg. infectus2 modchip)

@OP there is a way to get a NAND backup from another Wii, decrypt it, and then flash it into another Wii, but you really don't want to know about it, even I wish I didn't know about this, you need:

both Wii's keys
    a NAND programmer/flasher (hardware and software)
    $10 us dls
    the e-mail of bushing

To do:

Send the backup and keys to bushing, along with your $10 bucks
    when you receive your decrypted NAND backup, just flash it into the other Wii

Cons:

Well....you'll have the same Wii twice, as in S/N wise, obviously you can have WiiShop accounts in both Wiis, but I pretty much guess that can bring you problems, and you can change the friend ID if you like with the "BackupDisc" but you'll still have same S/N in both

it is better to just uninstall the cIOS (if you installed one) with cIOS uninstaller or AnyTitleDeleter (IOS 249-250), Uninstall DVDx, ATD to delete HBC, use the NAND cleaner posted in "The Preloader Guide" to delete hacks.ini, installed .dol and preloader itself, and format if you like, but this last one will erase even your boughted games and their tickets, so no re-download for free...!! [​IMG]